Pitch inspection Saturday | Vital Football

Pitch inspection Saturday

Impologist

Vital Newbie
Club have announced pitch still frozen in parts but hopeful it will thaw

Does anyone know what time inspection is planned?

All the information says is that the match referee will do it in the morning. Chances are that will be after 9am, which is the time I set off from this side of the Midlands.
I'll just spend a bit more time with my Dad if it's off. Not a problem either way.

I see Leigh Curtis covers Derby for their local paper:-

He must be pleased he didn't stay at our late lamented Lincolnshire Echo, where he covered City for several years as I recall. Back in the day when our local paper could be bothered.

I see Leigh Curtis covers Derby for their local paper:-

He must be pleased he didn't stay at our late lamented Lincolnshire Echo, where he covered City for several years as I recall. Back in the day when our local paper could be bothered.
A pity they did not mention our cannabis grow lights that are being used to warm the problem areas though

But when you get your frozen left overs from the freezer to eat later that day it takes a while to defrost at room temperature.

Isn’t the South Park end always in shade so might not get the enough sun long enough to warm up and become playable.

Let’s hope so because the sell out crowd deserves football

But when you get your frozen left overs from the freezer to eat later that day it takes a while to defrost at room temperature.

Isn’t the South Park end always in shade so might not get the enough sun long enough to warm up and become playable.

Let’s hope so because the sell out crowd deserves football
That is why they have been using the lighting rigs.

We all know that if the ref inspects the pitch and there is a least 2 sq feet of semi frozen ground the match will be off. So I fear the worst.
I will come across as a bit of a dinosaur now but aren't we just a bit soft these days and a bunch of wimps?
I have played in and watched many games played on semi frozen hard pitches in the past (admittedly well in the past). And many have been really good matches, on pitches like that it is usually the more skilled players who thrive because of better ball control and ball skills. I have watched a few games this season were they have been played in heavy rain with players sliping around on the pitch and I can't see how that is less dangerous.
If they are worried about injuries again I don't see the problem. There are as many players getting muscle and acl injuries these days playing on so called better pitches.
I am not talking about playing on solidly frozen skating rink pitches I don't think that is the issue here. I really hope the game is on so the home fans can see the new lineup particularly up front.

There is 8 off us going to the game today. All travelling in from distance. If its off only 2 of us would make a rearranged evening game. Club will do everything they can to keep this on.

We all know that if the ref inspects the pitch and there is a least 2 sq feet of semi frozen ground the match will be off. So I fear the worst.
I will come across as a bit of a dinosaur now but aren't we just a bit soft these days and a bunch of wimps?
I have played in and watched many games played on semi frozen hard pitches in the past (admittedly well in the past). And many have been really good matches, on pitches like that it is usually the more skilled players who thrive because of better ball control and ball skills. I have watched a few games this season were they have been played in heavy rain with players sliping around on the pitch and I can't see how that is less dangerous.
If they are worried about injuries again I don't see the problem. There are as many players getting muscle and acl injuries these days playing on so called better pitches.
I am not talking about playing on solidly frozen skating rink pitches I don't think that is the issue here. I really hope the game is on so the home fans can see the new lineup particularly up front.
Agree,. Remember that Boxing day match against Fulham. Rock hard pitch and snow in the second half. Players with trainers on and a cracking 4-1 (Inthink) win for us. Last time I can remember a real orange ball being used too.

Using the Red Wimp garden test, South Park end still white with frost at time of writing.
Bird bath still ice.