Peterborough Seating | Page 2 | Vital Football

Peterborough Seating

I believe the reason is that if they sell are expecting less than 80-85% (Figure I cannot remember) of the tickets then regulations are ok for sit where you want. If they sell a high percentage of the tickets then regulations mean the seating has to be allocated for safety purposes. (Im sure I read this a few years ago when we were back in the Vanarama and people were complaining about not being be able to pay on the day or sit where they want.

For Example Wycombe would have been allocated seating but as we sold a lowish % of the seats available they were able to change to unallocated.
Assuming the plan was to sell tickets behind the goal first, and then use the main stand as overspill... If we are now selling tickets in the main stand down the side, then you would think a very high percentage of the tickets behind the goal have now gone - if not all of them. Much easier in a big allocation/ high percentage allocation to stick with allocated seating.

I believe the reason is that if they sell are expecting less than 80-85% (Figure I cannot remember) of the tickets then regulations are ok for sit where you want. If they sell a high percentage of the tickets then regulations mean the seating has to be allocated for safety purposes. (Im sure I read this a few years ago when we were back in the Vanarama and people were complaining about not being be able to pay on the day or sit where they want.

For Example Wycombe would have been allocated seating but as we sold a lowish % of the seats available they were able to change to unallocated.

Clubs will more than likely have tickets printed with blocks rows and seat numbers on but they should be made to announce that each particular game is either allocated or allocated seating to save themselves and fans a lot of grief. Each club will know games that will sell out or be very close to selling out so really there is no excuse. Thinking about it why not just have every game as allocated seating then for example Peterborough v Accrington is allocated seating to the away fans but people know there are only going to be a couple of hundred away fans so there would be plenty of spare seats therefore not an issue of where you sit. If it is not allocated seating on Saturday what will happen is that anyone who wants a good seat will get to the ground early then all those who have stayed in the pub will come in late and stand in the aisles and that's when you get issues as we did at Barnet a few seasons back.

Sensible. Imagine turning up at 2:50pm with all the family and struggling to sit together.

Sensible. Imagine turning up at 2:50pm with all the family and struggling to sit together.

That's why I am in the minority from reading things, I like allocated seating, the club with "Lead Name" do all they can to accommodate people who want to sit together, if people do not use this then im not sure why they cannot cope being away from someone for the length of a game of football.

Even on games which have been changed to sit where you want I still sit in my given seat, like I did at Wycombe.

Im not one for confrontation so find allocated seating easier.