Peterborough Seating | Vital Football

Peterborough Seating

jal jal

Vital Squad Member
I have just phoned the Peterborough Ticket Office asking whether it was allocated seating & was told it was usually a case of sit where you like.
Has anyone heard anything different to that.

No, that is what they said to us. Although the tickets are being sold in an order by LCFC, probably so that Peterborough can take entire blocks out, if not sold.

Much better to have unallocated seating, as per Wycombe. Saves on stewarding, enables groups of friends to sit together. No-one wants to be allocated a seat on the front row directly behind a goal post, and be forced to sit there. Over 2,500 sold apparently, should be a good trip.

Get there early, sit where you like.

For the game under Schoey when Amoo netted a brace we took 2,700, so it'll be disappointing if we don't at least match that ..... amazing to think we took double this amount to MKD and its almost double the distance.

For the game under Schoey when Amoo netted a brace we took 2,700, so it'll be disappointing if we don't at least match that ..... amazing to think we took double this amount to MKD and its almost double the distance.

I think it's just a bit early in the season. A lot of people that went to MK I would imagine saw it as the season defining match which it proved to be.

How can it be unreserved seating.

1 Each ticket has a seat number.
2 The club has sold the tickets in singing/Non singing.

I am sure anyone wanting to stand up and sing won’t want me moaning at them to sit down and getting the stewards to enforce the ground regulations.

The allocated tickets and allocated seating just makes sense.

How can it be unreserved seating.

1 Each ticket has a seat number.
2 The club has sold the tickets in singing/Non singing.

I am sure anyone wanting to stand up and sing won’t want me moaning at them to sit down and getting the stewards to enforce the ground regulations.

The allocated tickets and allocated seating just makes sense.

It was exactly the same at Wycombe, and loads of games last season. You arrive and the stewards say you can sit anywhere. At Wycombe they did at least suggest the singers might stay in the first couple of sections.

It also means people can easily move away, if they find themselves sitting in front of a grumpy old fart; and vice versa.

Last edited:
£40ish to take me and the JIC there, just had to spend £300 on my car and we're off holiday next Friday so I just can't afford it right now sadly.
Went there in 2006, great day that was, my last visit.
Terrace still back then.

Must be specific seating as there's a singing and non singing section.

Exactly the same as at Wycombe, but when you got there the seating was not allocated. Same at Cambridge, Swindon, Luton etc etc in previous seasons: not a problem.

Over 2,500 sold apparently, should be a good trip.

Get there early, sit where you like.

That amount will virtually fill the Moterpoint stand where we will be housed.
I presume if we sell 2600 + we also get the side stand so they may fill one stand first then the over spill goes in the side stand where there should be plenty of room.

I presume if we sell 2600 + we also get the side stand so they may fill one stand first then the over spill goes in the side stand where there should be plenty of room.
Away fans a
away fans appear to be housed in the main stand now according to my ticket, & no longer behind the goal.

Yes picked up my tickets and there in the main stand upper so we’re in both stands by the looks of it

It's the not knowing that's the problem. All I would say is that the club need to be upfront before the event and say it either is or isn't allocated seating. If it is allocated then fine - just use the group leader thing when booking your tickets if you have people who want to sit together.

However if it is unallocated then make this clear early. People who get into the ground early when it is unallocated are fine, those who arrive later as a group say and want to sit together then often can't and that can lead to problems. If it is advertised as unallocated from the start people then know and can decide what time they want to get into the ground and if they choose to arrive later and then can't sit together that's their own fault.

Not knowing, or having each club say something different is not only quite poor, but no help to anyone.

It's the not knowing that's the problem. All I would say is that the club need to be upfront before the event and say it either is or isn't allocated seating. If it is allocated then fine - just use the group leader thing when booking your tickets if you have people who want to sit together.

However if it is unallocated then make this clear early. People who get into the ground early when it is unallocated are fine, those who arrive later as a group say and want to sit together then often can't and that can lead to problems. If it is advertised as unallocated from the start people then know and can decide what time they want to get into the ground and if they choose to arrive later and then can't sit together that's their own fault.

Not knowing, or having each club say something different is not only quite poor, but no help to anyone.

I believe the reason is that if they sell are expecting less than 80-85% (Figure I cannot remember) of the tickets then regulations are ok for sit where you want. If they sell a high percentage of the tickets then regulations mean the seating has to be allocated for safety purposes. (Im sure I read this a few years ago when we were back in the Vanarama and people were complaining about not being be able to pay on the day or sit where they want.

For Example Wycombe would have been allocated seating but as we sold a lowish % of the seats available they were able to change to unallocated.