Peterborough Home - Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Peterborough Home - Match Thread

If . . . and I will be at Wembley! Gutted I had to miss the finals I have because of the boycott (kudos to all fellow fans who showed solidarity!) and the Covid final too. Whilst I'm fit and able I won't miss another. It's probably asking too much to scrape in the play offs, but I'll be there again if we do. As for the kids, absolutely, they are our future and occasions like these are precious and memorable. As for the whole London thing . . . 🤮 . . . no thanks, give me Cardiff any time.

Support will be good tonight. Weather is decent, cloudy, 9C and low wind. With the mild weather The grass has already started growing as has my rhubarb, roses and hydrangeas 😁 so the pitch should be better than their cabbage patch.

Critchley sticking with the same team is your best joke of the year! 🤣🙌 One concession I'll make is that he has at least been more attack minded in this comp. Perhaps he's also a schizophrenic entertaining his alter ego for cup games!

For us poms we may well be having a late night if it goes to pens and the late start for Sky etc.
You may think that the team that started away at Peterborough is my best joke of the year but the starting team that Critchley did put out last night WAS beyond a joke. No wonder we lost. That aside our display was utter garbage. Totally ineffective on the attack. Joseph missed a given with his head from 2 yards. Really our only chance. I'm disgusted and dispirited. My only hope for next season is that Critchley and his crew are no longer with us and have been replaced by a Bowyer/Dobbie combination.

The 2 best players on the pitch were Spud and O'Donnell both outstanding.

Last edited:
Well, where do I begin????

Some points:
1) Why the hell did The Snake change a winning line-up.....again!
2) We have some seriously shite/lazy/unmotivated players; think Connolly, Norburn, Beesley, Husband etc
3) We got what we deserved: F/A. Yes, their 2nd was never, ever a penalty but we NEVER looked like scoring.
4) One of the worst performances I've had the displeasure of watching in a long time.

Please sack Critchley. How inspirational is he stood on the byline with his arms folded? Why does he have to CONSTANTLY change a line-up. What the fuck is wrong with him.

Apart from O'Donnell and Ekpiteta then no-one deserves a wage tonight. Our best outfield player (by a LONG way and I never ever thought I'd say this!) was Marv. Him and O'Donnell saved us from a 6 or 7 goal rowt...

Enough is enough.

Well, where do I begin????

Some points:
1) Why the hell did The Snake change a winning line-up.....again!
2) We have some seriously shite/lazy/unmotivated players; think Connolly, Norburn, Beesley, Husband etc
3) We got what we deserved: F/A. Yes, their 2nd was never, ever a penalty but we NEVER looked like scoring.
4) One of the worst performances I've had the displeasure of watching in a long time.

Please sack Critchley. How inspirational is he stood on the byline with his arms folded? Why does he have to CONSTANTLY change a line-up. What the fuck is wrong with him.

Apart from O'Donnell and Ekpiteta then no-one deserves a wage tonight. Our best outfield player (by a LONG way and I never ever thought I'd say this!) was Marv. Him and O'Donnell saved us from a 6 or 7 goal rowt...

Enough is enough.

I entirely agree with you on all your points Bob.

Shizen Houzen

I had to laugh at some comments on Facebook. One said Snakey was watching CBeebies on his tab. One of the other 3 Stoogies was writing on a scrap of paper and looking at Snakey for clues. Like he was writing a shopping list . . .

"Milk, eggs, what else did you say" scratching his head. 🤷

I had to laugh at some comments on Facebook. One said Snakey was watching CBeebies on his tab. One of the other 3 Stoogies was writing on a scrap of paper and looking at Snakey for clues. Like he was writing a shopping list . . .

"Milk, eggs, what else did you say" scratching his head. 🤷
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The same moaning about the line up are the same who would moan if one of our regulars picked up a knock last night.

It’s a tin pot trophy and the league is clearly priority.

Chill out.

Come on Hasty, do you really think that the Snake is the devil we know? Jeez, he's got to be one of the worst managers out there. Its not as if he's not been given the support. I honestly don't know why people insist on keeping the faith. We need to get rid sooner rather than later imho.

But you don’t answer the question, replace him with who?

Dobbie isn’t the answer either so let’s knock that one on the head.

Just for the record I wasn’t jumping for joy when Critchley was re-appointed, Wellens was my preferred choice so let’s just get that clear before I’m accused of being a Critchley lover.

That is of course if my age doesn’t dampen my right to have an opinion.

But you don’t answer the question, replace him with who?

Dobbie isn’t the answer either so let’s knock that one on the head.

Just for the record I wasn’t jumping for joy when Critchley was re-appointed, Wellens was my preferred choice so let’s just get that clear before I’m accused of being a Critchley lover.

That is of course if my age doesn’t dampen my right to have an opinion.
Why is Dobbie not the answer then? Your entitled to your opinion and so is everyone else. I won't be knocking anything on the head just because you say so. There were enough managers offering their services at the time of the McCarthy departure. Sadler has clearly made a mistake and its coming home to roost. Do you mean to tell me that we can't get better results other than the ones under Critchley? For every good game we've played, there have been 4 bad ones. The football is lousey, you need to give your head a wobble.

Dobbie had a good opportunity at the end of last season. It was a win win situation.
Clearly Saddler didn't rate him or else he would have gotten the job.
He turned down the chance to be part of Quitchleys team to stay on as youth coach as he fancied himself as a no 1.
He has gone for managers' jobs and not got them since, which tells us something.

Dobbie had a good opportunity at the end of last season. It was a win win situation.
He turned down the chance to be part of Quitchleys team to stay on as youth coach as he fancied himself as a no 1.
He has gone for managers' jobs and not got them since, which tells us something.
Sadler not fancying him as a managerial option is hardly a blot on his copy book. He didn't seem to fancy Rosenior either but thought Crappleton and Grayson were good appointments.

Sadler not fancying him as a managerial option is hardly a blot on his copy book. He didn't seem to fancy Rosenior either but thought Crappleton and Grayson were good appointments.
Obviously, Sadler knows fa about football. Time will have to reveal all Layton. There are those that actually believe that we might make the playoffs or even promotion. Delusional.

I didn't know Dobbie had gone for other Managerial jobs but it doesn't tell me anything Sex. He was a breathe of fresh air to our club at the time--he is a motivator and Saddler and the other clubs he may have applied for made a bad decision in not taking that into account. His time will come and I only hope it is sooner rather than later. Bowyer and/or Dobbie for me. Imagine having another first team Pool motivator already in our club in the mould of Ian Holloway. That's exactly what we are missing---motivation, encouragement, and confidence building of the team and individuals. Having multiple Coaching Certificates doesn't teach you that and if by chance they do, it appears that they are not being applied successfully if at all.

Last edited:
I didn't know Dobbie had gone for other Managerial jobs but it doesn't tell me anything Sex. He was a breathe of fresh air to our club at the time--he is a motivator and Saddler and the other clubs he may have applied for made a bad decision in not taking that into account. His time will come and I only hope it is sooner rather than later. Bowyer and/or Dobbie for me. Imagine having another first team Pool motivator already in our club in the mould of Ian Holloway. That's exactly what we are missing---motivation, encouragement, and confidence building of the team and individuals. Having multiple Coaching Certificates doesn't teach you that and if by chance they do, it appears that they are not being applied successfully if at all.

Hallelujah! Exactly this.

You wonder why people actually came to like football. Maybe there are people who like the Steve Evans and the 30+ other managers of his ilk in the bottom tiers of the English game? If my Dad had taken me as a small child to watch football of that style I'd have at least saved myself a lot of heartache and bad moods from losing out on promotion, suffering relegation and saved lots of money in the meantime. Because I would have hated the game.

Similarly with Cr🐍tchley in charge, it's depressing to watch. The team has no personality, flair, imagination, bottle or character. The insipid brand of football and our vapid owner have sucked the enjoyment from a fan's perspective from the club. Of course watching or following football like anything in life is about opinions and very much so personality traits. Some people like dull and some people are happy to contain their emotions despite the ups and downs, others let their emotions rise and fall from the deepest trough to the highest peak, mirroring what football can be.

Agree entirely with Aussie, Dobbie breathed optimism, ambition, fight and an attacking intent into the team. Anybody who is critical of him because of what he may be doing now maybe fails to realise he is being forced to work under the rigid constraints of our grey manager and grey owner. Snakey has insisted that every single squad from kids, to Development Squad setup and play his tedious, boring, uninspiring (GREY) brand of football.

When the inevitable death knell sounds to mark the end of season surely the most grey supporters will take stock and realise that this season was worse than last season. The atmosphere has been markedly worse than any time since the boycotts. The crowds are dwindling. We couldn't entice even a modest crowd for an FA Cup game v Premier League opposition or a semi final of the EFL Cup. The training ground, the east stand are dragging, fans are being blocked on social media, fans are falling out with each other. It's all gone a bit shit.