Peter Kenyon | Page 2 | Vital Football

Peter Kenyon

Stop being offended by fat cats and football agents. Football operates on a different planet now to 30 years ago. Our mega financially successful owners will probably want top people in top places to help us eventually realise the potential at the club.

Stop being offended by fat cats and football agents. Football operates on a different planet now to 30 years ago. Our mega financially successful owners will probably want top people in top places to help us eventually realise the potential at the club.

That's it, isn't it?

The game has changed and now you have to get into bed with these scumbags to get ahead.

If we put Mendes in charge of our transfers, I'll be ashamed of the club.

Don't have to like it though pvb. Primarily these monkeys are in it for the money and their egos. They don't give a shit about you, me or Aston Villa.

In the work place, I've been dealing with this philosphy all my life and the older I get, the less tolerant I am of them. Not much room for idealism in the modern world - shame:shake:

We've had a few nice guys as CEO's. I guess we have to ask, what do we really want? Winning and a greater reach in the world of football? Or to go along as we have for the last 10 years?

And yes, I agree with BB and Northampton, it has all changed and it is now £ootball.

Do we went to be idealists or winning?

We've had a few nice guys as CEO's. I guess we have to ask, what do we really want? Winning and a greater reach in the world of football? Or to go along as we have for the last 10 years?

And yes, I agree with BB and Northampton, it has all changed and it is now £ootball.

Do we went to be idealists or winning?

Both :grinning::tophat:

I thought we were going down a more palatable and encouraging route with the likes of Dein, Bernstein and King.

Today's philosphical question. Does looking after number one have to be at the expense of others and your principles or is dog eat dog?

Answers on a postcard to Bob or Adam please.:grinning:

Well if we have to have one, and it seems we do, then it makes sense to have one who knows his way around the world of football finance.
So yes, can we just get on with it and then just maybe we can start to get things right on the pitch, that place where the football is played.

Employ the right manager, buy the right players for sensible money = get promoted. Simple:hmmm:Problem is we've been trying for 10 years:arrghh:

Hate the way the game is going BUT we are stagnating and a million miles off the pace now so I guess an experienced CEO is needed.

Kenyon seems a bullish character with a lot to say for himself, I’d be interested to know why he moved on from Utd and Chelsea. I might be wrong but I seem to remember some controversy when he left Chelsea.

That said we as fans have no choice in it anyway do need to hope the new owners are clued up and know what they want and how best to get there

Yep. Pragmatically speaking we need people like him to help us up the £ootball tree at the moment. But it doesn't mean we have to like it.

I remain unconvinced that the 'winning or nice-guy' choice is valid; too many examples in all walks of life where nice guys win to think that it is normally anything other than just an excuse to be a d!ck. Success can come by doing it the right way, you just have to want to do it that way :)