PDPS - Talk Sport | Page 2 | Vital Football

PDPS - Talk Sport

His words may not have any impact on our own supporters you’re right, but when Brad is trying to open the club up to more avenues (getting businesses involved, recruiting better players and staff), the old owner going on national radio talking about the fanbase like we’re caged animals helps absolutely nobody.

That’s my main point, who does he think benefits from his actions today? Nobody. Not even him as all he’s done is brought attention to himself again.

I understand that this whole issue has been massively divisive, but let's not buy into the hyperbole. In today's interview, he said that it was a particularly small group of fans that were responsible for these actions. I think he said the same last time around. There's no inference whatsoever on our fanbase being a bad one.

You don't have to give him attention. Don't listen to the interview. People were wound up about it before it even aired. It doesn't affect the fans unless you let it/want it to.

I understand that this whole issue has been massively divisive, but let's not buy into the hyperbole. In today's interview, he said that it was a particularly small group of fans that were responsible for these actions. I think he said the same last time around. There's no inference whatsoever on our fanbase being a bad one.

Then why go on national radio, so that, that lapdog White can dig out our fanbase? Nothing he said was new there, what did he stand to gain from it? Absolutely moronic and narcissistic.

Thank gord for Simon Jordan playing a more balanced hand. Jim White would have everyone believe the old poor old PS line. Even claimed in his introduction that PS has invested loads of his own money in the club.
Don't these people do ANY research?

At least Jordan said he doesn't care whether PS put money in or took money out, which infers he better knows the reality.

Of course, it is easy to call his critics cowards and make out he invited people to air their grievances to his face, but they failed to mentioned that people have been subsequently banned from watching the team that they love for doing so. Quickly turned to a "my club, my rules" attitude.

Also interesting that in the same section that reminded listeners that PS had claimed in August the club would fall part if he left, it also went on to say that it had since attracted wealthy American investors. A bit of a contradiction there, methinks.

Then why go on national radio, so that, that lapdog White can dig out our fanbase? Nothing he said was new there, what did he stand to gain from it? Absolutely moronic and narcissistic.

I really don't know. I didn't listen to what happened after the pre-recorded interview with Paul Scally, and am commenting only on what he said. What he said didn't differ to what was said before. Small group of fans going beyond the limits of acceptable behaviour and having an impact on his personal life.

I don't think that that reflects our entire fanbase negatively. It's an interview that people may reflect on and think "it was out of order how he was treated by those people" but, beyond that, I can't imagine anyone's going to think about it too much.

To be fair I didn't take his comments in a negative way he just went through what we have all heard before about a dozen or so supporters, his car and house which we all condemned at the time.

The story line was in relation to Potter the Chelsea Manager and the grief he was getting on social media.

Nothing to see here move along :wave:

To be fair I didn't take his comments in a negative way he just went through what we have all heard before about a dozen or so supporters, his car and house which we all condemned at the time.

The story line was in relation to Potter the Chelsea Manager and the grief he was getting on social media.

Nothing to see here move along :wave:

I wasn't aware of that, so may explain why he was on the show!

It sounded to me that Potter got brought up as a secondary point within the PS interview, not that it was the leading subject and why he was brought on.

Regardless of the motivation, there was no need for this to even be a discussion point today for the club. As I say, moronic.

It sounded to me that Potter got brought up as a secondary point within the PS interview, not that it was the leading subject and why he was brought on.

Regardless of the motivation, there was no need for this to even be a discussion point today for the club. As I say, moronic.

It actually started with Jordan saying that during his tenure of Crystal Palace he went from a net worth of about £100 million to debts of £20 million. He also indicated that he then had animosity towards one of the new hierarchy that took over and achieved promotion 3 years later in 2013. Steve Parish?

Then they played Scally's interview.

Afterwards, Jordan spoke of being abused himself but accepted it went with the territory, apart from when it moved on to family or property damage, whereupon he would go after them and "get their collars felt" - one of his favourite phrases. He could not understand why PS had not done the same.

Dear Mr Scally, Please let it go. You are just torturing yourself!

It actually started with Jordan saying that during his tenure of Crystal Palace he went from a net worth of about £100 million to debts of £20 million. He also indicated that he then had animosity towards one of the new hierarchy that took over and achieved promotion 3 years later in 2013. Steve Parish?

Jordan spoke of being abused himself but accepted it went with the territory, apart from when it moved on to family or property damage, whereupon he would go after them and "get their collars felt" - one of his favourite phrases

Did anyone get their collars felt for the alleged acts? Would this have not been in the news if someone had been arrested or convicted? I am not disputing the validity of the claims, but it seems from the interview in August that PDPS didn't involve the authorities, which seems very much out of character.

Did anyone get their collars felt for the alleged acts? Would this have not been in the news if someone had been arrested or convicted? I am not disputing the validity of the claims, but it seems from the interview in August that PDPS didn't involve the authorities, which seems very much out of character.
You’re still obsessed with the guy. Gallinson made it clear that he wouldn’t have taken on a financial basket case. Scally was instrumental in getting us where we are today. Gallinson and Fisher have both reiterated that they value his experience and ongoing assistance. The whole context of the interview was the abuse levelled at managers and owners. Let’s just move on. It really is insignificant.

You’re still obsessed with the guy. Gallinson made it clear that he wouldn’t have taken on a financial basket case. Scally was instrumental in getting us where we are today. Gallinson and Fisher have both reiterated that they value his experience and ongoing assistance. The whole context of the interview was the abuse levelled at managers and owners. Let’s just move on. It really is insignificant.

I just do not see the point of this today tbh, but will move on.

I only caught one bit, not sure if he was on more than once but raking up old news. I'm really not sure what the point was unless they paid him

I dont like white and jordan as they are controversial for the sake of it - radio equivalent of click bait.

Club has been full of positivity since January so why do it ? Always felt scally had narcissitic traits and this just reinforces that. Hopefully kol dont pick up on the story and it fades away quickly.

It was PS just repeating himself tbh. Don't get the point and if I was BG I wouldn't have been impressed. The one thing PS has never been good at is PR and since BG has come in the PR and feel good factor around the club again has been back, as soon as PS opens his mouth its more of the same.

If ever there was proof PS needs to be kept away from the media and being a voice of GFC, that interview was it.