PDPS - Talk Sport | Vital Football

PDPS - Talk Sport

I really hope this isn't true..

Sounds like it may be to say how fan abuse forced him out. I honestly despair if this is actually true. Someone put it well, middle child syndrome, constantly wants to be heard.

Great vibes around the club, everyone happy if he stays off communications, and here he is set to go on a national radio station, mouthing off about the supporter base.

If true, the bloke is a moron.

Why shouldn't he tell his side?
The grief that man has had and the stick he has taken from the mighty keyboard warrior brigade has been disgusting.

I think the thing is we’ve heard his side, countless times, and most of the fan base and decent people agree that the personal abuse was totally out of order and unacceptable.

Why he needs to go over old ground again is beyond me. Can’t we just bask in the good feel glow around the club for a while without dredging this crap up again?

If it IS actually about the abuse of course. Maybe he’s going to formally announce the self serving pumps.............

I think the thing is we’ve heard his side, countless times, and most of the fan base and decent people agree that the personal abuse was totally out of order and unacceptable.

Why he needs to go over old ground again is beyond me. Can’t we just bask in the good feel glow around the club for a while without dredging this crap up again?

Couldn't put it better myself, let's hope it isn't true.

What does it matter? He’s no longer in charge. Those who didn’t mind him won’t care. Those who hate him will throw all kinds of sticks and probably rake up more negativity.

So who does really care what he says now? If we want to keep the positivity going WE can do that. Doesn’t matter what he says. Move on there’s a game tomorrow.

Unless of course there are people that want to keep raking over old ground themselves. There are some that will be absolutely revelling in this shit.

I would love to know if he made Brad and Fish aware of his interview and what he was going to say prior to doing so. If not he should be removed from the board in my opinion for dragging the club’s name through the mud.

Of course he’s entitled to his side, but we’ve heard his side numerous times over the last 27 years. He hasn’t said anything new, he’s just chosen to stoke a fire and tread old ground when the club is riding a wave of positivity trying to move on. Maybe it’s jealousy and bitterness over what’s happened since BG took over.

He’d vanished into the background and most people (myself included) were content with that. Now he’s chosen to open his mouth I’ve lost all respect.

Spot on, OSK. No interest in silencing him. What he says isn't damaging the club. We're not going to be 5000 fans lighter against Bradford because Paul Scally's been on radio to talk about how horrible it is to be abused.

Another three points towards our late promotion surge tonight, though! UTG!

What does it matter? He’s no longer in charge. Those who didn’t mind him won’t care. Those who hate him will throw all kinds of sticks and probably rake up more negativity.

So who does really care what he says now? If we want to keep the positivity going WE can do that. Doesn’t matter what he says. Move on there’s a game tomorrow.

Unless of course there are people that want to keep raking over old ground themselves. There are some that will be absolutely revelling in this shit.

What game are you watching tomorrow OSK? 😉

Spot on, OSK. No interest in silencing him. What he says isn't damaging the club. We're not going to be 5000 fans lighter against Bradford because Paul Scally's been on radio to talk about how horrible it is to be abused.

Another three points towards our late promotion surge tonight, though! UTG!

His words may not have any impact on our own supporters you’re right, but when Brad is trying to open the club up to more avenues (getting businesses involved, recruiting better players and staff), the old owner going on national radio talking about the fanbase like we’re caged animals helps absolutely nobody.

That’s my main point, who does he think benefits from his actions today? Nobody. Not even him as all he’s done is brought attention to himself again.

I feared this was coming. He will have seen the love the fans have shown to the Galinsons. He can't ignore seeing the difference a bit of decent investment makes in a team. He will have seen stayaway fans returning to the club in droves. He is no longer relevent and it must hurt him.
He saved our club, gave us great seasons in the Championship but then struggled to stop a long, slow painful decline. We have now got a uniting owner rather than a devisive one. Let PDPS enjoy his moment but he is history now and his bitter words do nothing at all to help our club.

Has he actually been on yet? If he has, what did he say? If he hasn't, there's a lot of people jumping to a lot of conclusions when they don't even know what he's going to say.