(Paint Pot Trophy) Newport v Pompey | Page 8 | Vital Football

(Paint Pot Trophy) Newport v Pompey

Seem to be coming back to the question 'is Guy the man for the job?'

Everyone agrees we've got the players, so where's it going wrong?

What really disappoints me is that I thought we'd give this a real go! Really got to like this comp as a distraction. Bloody good chance to get to Wembley...peed off!

PFCblue - 12/11/2013 21:37

Seem to be coming back to the question 'is Guy the man for the job?'

Everyone agrees we've got the players, so where's it going wrong?

I think you answered your own question Blue!

Final impressions of the night .. three in one ..

Stay out of the black and in the red you get nothing in this game for two in Pentons bed ... Ah Betty .. That Rug has just done a whoopsie in my beret .... Don't tell 'em your name Chix

Think that talk will rumble on. I have backed him but havent hidden my 'doubts' about him for several weeks now.

There will be no doubting if he is or isnt up to it come the end of the season, we will actually have a pretty good idea by Christmas?

Wanna keep the Whittingham talk to that thread tho I guess...

Its been awful tonight hasnt it as a listener sod being an attendee!

Well thats that - out the cup, missed out on some extra cash and wont now have a (positive) league distraction.

Hats off to the fans that went and all credit that they applaud that crap!

penton - 12/11/2013 21:44

Was Chix being Mrs Bucket??

Bouquet Penton Bouquet

Right I'm off the solve a seven year mystery .. The Mentalist .. best series EVER

Well guys, might be back with a few thoughts shortly but must dash.

Another good night for Match Day Live... shame about the footie.

The Guy Whittingham thread might see some action?

So disappointed by tonight, but not as much as much as those that travelled for sure!

Will be interested to see what some of those have to say...

Chix - 12/11/2013 21:18

Oh FFS COME ON POMPEY ... It's only a tin pot team from the IOW .. what next lose at home to Ventnor

Oi cheeky, I used to play CB for them many moons ago! :35:

pompeyrug - 12/11/2013 22:20

So disappointed by tonight, but not as much as much as those that travelled for sure!

Will be interested to see what some of those have to say...
Rug I will oblige,

first the positives, managed to side step the bouncer on the door and got in with the home fans in the rugby club for a few beers but most importantly had a magnificent chips and chicken curry for only 4 of my english pounds...... it went down hill rapid after that, it was worse than saturday.

Carson is getting the goalie liability disease, good shot stopper but awful communication with Bonzo for the first goal and pushed a save back out for the second.

Newport were as expected big and quick but unlike Div 1 last season these big teams can play football and they played us off the park, we were the long ball merchants.

Sadly we are not physically strong enough to compete at this level, this isn't being dirty but we were just second too often in a one on one challenge, again Holmes and Barcham ran well with the ball but then no cross.

Witts at the end applauded from a distance as the negativity is rising, mind you to sum us all up even the flare thrown from the Pompey fans was pathetic, only managed about 20 feet onto the walkway, not even onto the pitch behind the goal.

We all must do better

Oh Wiggy that sounds bad .. It was bad enough listening on the iplayer even Micah Hall was at a loss of what to say .. and as a positive last night showed that he doesn't have to toe the party line when it comes to team performances ... anyway ... After the last two performances I don't know what to suggest ... How much more can we shake it up ... Heard that Craddock, Cooper and East did OK considering..

It wasn't good. They exposed us at the back early on, particularly down our left. Once they were two up, it became more even, as they sat back or we got over playing on a rugby pitch. But there wasn't a lot of composure on the ball and we didn't seem to do the basics too well.

I guess Guy was afraid to risk Ertl, but I think that a five man midfield away from home is needed.

Well, we knew this season would have highs and lows, unfortunately there have been probably more lows so far, York was a pivotal moment in our season so far, since that defeat performances have lifted

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?538526">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

What is everyone's predictions for tonight's game? Can Guy Whittingham's men make it to the area semi-finals, and get one step closer to Wembley?

Baring in mind injuries and suspensions have left us quite short for tonight's game, I'm going for a 1-0 Pompey win.

PUP.