Pablo Zabaleta leaves City at the end of the Season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pablo Zabaleta leaves City at the end of the Season

I have to say that Zabaleta's post match interview at the side of the pitch was one of the most moving points of the evening. A more humble, honest, decent, professional player you could not wish to meet.

I got quite choked up when he spoke these words & it really drove home what a rock he has been and just how much I will miss seeing him in sky blue....

"Probably the hardest moment of my City career for sure.....when I first came to Manchester i never thought it would be that long to be honest, it was a different era for the club but being here from day one is something ....which made me feel very proud."

"A wonderful nine years to be honest .....so, you know [he takes a breath] in life sometimes you have to make tough decisions and always thinking the best myself, for the family, for the club especially.....I thought I have done enough, it's the right time probably for me to move on but believe me I love so much this club."

"Thank you to the fans, to everyone, to Sheik Mansour, Khaldoon, the board, everyone at this football club because .....they made me a better player, a better person, and it was a big pleasure to play for this shirt"

He will be a big loss not just from the team but also around the club as a whole - he is the sort of solid professional that lives and breathes his club who provide the spine and character needed in any successful group.

An absolute hero in Sky Blue I thank him for his service and wish him every good fortune. He will always be welcome. :021:

Wonderful to see so many fans remaining in the stadium to witness Zaba's farewell :005:

Already having secured his place in the hearts of the City fans with his exemplary service he cemented that bond forever when his first response to the question "what is your favourite moment in the blue of Manchester City"? Was.......

"......when we beat United in the semi final of the FA Cup at Wembley" which drew a huge cheer from the fans.

Not that proof was needed but if there were any doubts tht this man GOT Manchester City FC then they evaporated right there and then.

#CityLegend. #OurZab :021:

I agree with Zaba, beating United at Wembley in that semi was when we really started to believe and for Zaba I have shed a tear or two myself and still have a lump in my throat when I think about his night.

Just as an afterthought , He might just get player of the season at the Club because that would be the way that City fans feel about him.

I agree and it would be well deserved. A recognition of his loyal, dedicated and true service.

It was very emotional - I waited to watch the recording this morning and had that lump in my throats and also shed a tear or two. It almost felt like a bereavement.

Massive credit to the guy's composure and humility the way he kept it together until he reached the tunnel when you could see his emotions flood out s his head went qpdown and he was consoled by his wife Christel. :093:

Contrast what we witnessed with the pre-planned collision and utterly tacky (it's all about 'me') affair at the Bridge yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39994193

The difference in how the two situations were handled by the club's and the players could not be starker IMO and speaks volumes. They should be ashamed. :014:

I won't taint this thread any further with the subject and have set up a separate thread in Off Topic

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=33663&posts=1&mid=601505#M601505

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/features/2017/05/26/man-city-nothing-without-you-pablo-zabaleta-meets-fans/1495796851528

gets your hankies ready :022: