Our support | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our support

Is it just us though ? Folk from other clubs, maybe society in general, i dunno, seem to expect instant positive results and rapidly apply blame when success is unforthcoming. Win at all costs, no time for runners-up. Some of the rage i`ve witnessed from GFC fans at away games this season has been baffling, not to mention disappointing. I`ve also seen it at other clubs.

Understandable to be disappointed and vent some frustration on forums, but loud, venomous booing and rage directed at players and management (or owners) is self defeating and is certainly not supporting the Club.

Some people need to calm down, enjoy their Mars bar at half time and look forward, hopefully and supportively, to the next game. That`s lower league football. If that fit isn`t for win-at-all-cost folk, maybe they`d be better off sticking to Sky Sports and the Premier bandwagon deliveroo-culture that hands success direct to your armchair !

Maybe it is a societal thing. But we should be better than that, we're Gills!

Wish they'd just fuck off and go support Man City or England. I'd rather a smaller support actually supporting the team.

Tbf against Walsall there definitely was a positive response from the RE when we went one down and it appeared to motivate the players too.
Good to hear 👍

It might not always work. It might not have been what actually helped win this game, although it sounds like it played a part. But getting behind the team, cheering and encouraging will never, ever, hinder them. Worth a go.

It’s hard sometimes, and sounds particularly hard if the fare bring served is generally dull. But the more the crowd can try to lift the whole place regardless of the game, the better it will be.

Maybe it is a societal thing. But we should be better than that, we're Gills!

Wish they'd just fuck off and go support Man City or England. I'd rather a smaller support actually supporting the team.
Perhaps Saturday will see more of a cup-game type, more supportive, atmosphere as there`ll be a large Wrexham away contingent and most would consider us as under-dogs.

Perhaps Saturday will see more of a cup-game type, more supportive, atmosphere as there`ll be a large Wrexham away contingent and most would consider us as under-dogs.
Potential for it to be a really good atmosphere on Sat with the added numbers, but equally might just amplify the frustration and negativity.

Could go either way.

I'd be interested to know how many of those moaning about our support and those that actually bother to attend games actually put their money where their big mouths are and actually attend games regularly themselves!

I'd be interested to know how many of those moaning about our support and those that actually bother to attend games actually put their money where their big mouths are and actually attend games regularly themselves!
Not sure if you`re referring to me, but I will be at Priestfield on Saturday (Avanti West Coast permitting !) , Salford next week and Barrow the Tuesday after.

Edited to add a dig at Avanti !

Why ??????

Wrexham have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 away games.

Accrington beat them 2-0, Walsall 3-1, Newport 1-0 and Salford 3-1.

Anybody that considers us as the underdogs must surely have written off this seasons play-off ambitions already.

Why ??????

Wrexham have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 away games.

Accrington beat them 2-0, Walsall 3-1, Newport 1-0 and Salford 3-1.

Anybody that considers us as the underdogs must surely have written off this seasons play-off ambitions already.
Like `em or loathe `em, Wrexham are a very strong team with few weak areas on the park. Crikey, they have the likes of Mullin, Palmer, Fletcher, Tozer on the bench and still put out a talented strike force to start a game.

Every team has blips in a season, but I dare say that (I haven`t looked as i don`t bet) the bookies will see Wrexham as favourites for Saturday. I`d be quite happy for us to be under-dogs - it might provide SC with an additional spark. We may well beat them, hope so, I don`t want to be on a train out of London with a load of gloating Welsh persons.....

Potential for it to be a really good atmosphere on Sat with the added numbers, but equally might just amplify the frustration and negativity.

Could go either way.
I like to think that Clem will be a little more positive in his starting lineup on Saturday.
I thought he got it spot on last night given that Hawkins was unwell.
I’d expect Hawk to start Saturday with Walker doing the donkey work until his legs run out.
Subs should be dictated by how the game is going.
If Andrews is absent as now expected, I’d take a punt on Gbode on the bench as an option.

Like `em or loathe `em, Wrexham are a very strong team with few weak areas on the park. Crikey, they have the likes of Mullin, Palmer, Fletcher, Tozer on the bench and still put out a talented strike force to start a game.

Every team has blips in a season, but I dare say that (I haven`t looked as i don`t bet) the bookies will see Wrexham as favourites for Saturday. I`d be quite happy for us to be under-dogs - it might provide SC with an additional spark. We may well beat them, hope so, I don`t want to be on a train out of London with a load of gloating Welsh persons.....
Boyle is suspended so Tozer will be back in.
He has the turning circle of the QE2 so he’s the guy to run at.

Why ??????

Not really. Wrexham are 3rd, we are 8th. We’ve only won once at home since November. We have injury clouds over 2 or 3 of our strikers. Wrexham are favourites with every bookie. That just the facts not writing off ambitions.

I reckon if you gave any neutral fan £50 to back either side to win, most would put it on Wrexham.

Atmosphere is interesting. When we attack with intent the crowd respond. Second half v swindon being case in point.

When we pass it backwards, sideways with no intent the crowd get frustrated.

A game a few weeks back Hutton ran the length of the pitch to close down a player and forced a throw. The crowd responded.

If we play with attacking intent the crowd responds.

Its our low tempo backwards, sideways,lump it approach that causes the negativity from the stands.

Its why Hurtado was a revelation, he attacked with intent.

Pleased to hear that, LSB2.

Didn't think the ref was great but no where near the worst we've had. Far better than the one at Newport.
But we seem to have them every game! I was more pissed off at the ref than the team, as were those around me. The ref got abuse at the end of the game, but everyone around me clapped the team. I’m just really pissed off with refs we seem to always get. Can I take a gun on Saturday, so I can vent my frustration at the ref without others thinking it’s the team that are getting abuse? 😊

Our team is doing alright.

You sum up everything I'm complaining about.

Stick your nationalism where the sun don't shine.
Our team is under performing for the budget we have.

There isn’t (at least from me) an entitlement to win every game. It is a tough league.

I think, what ever type of entertainment you are buying, I think one should be entitled to be entertained.

Unrealistic expectations, unfair/harsh assessments of our performances, lack of patience, moronic nationalism, booing the team.

I'm not sure what "moronic nationalism" is and I haven't booed the team this season but I feel 100% entitled to have become impatient and make harsh assessments of our performances.

We've played 17 league games at home this season and only managed to score 17 goals. We've failed to score 5 times and scored once 8 times.

I've been at Priestfield for all 17 of those games and the team has only played well twice and some performances, including last night v Stockport, have been pretty dire.

I'll be at Priestfield for the remaining 6 games and haven't given up on that last play-off spot but if the team don't improve that won't happen and the whole season will have been a shocking disappointment.

I'm not sure what "moronic nationalism" is and I haven't booed the team this season but I feel 100% entitled to have become impatient and make harsh assessments of our performances.

We've played 17 league games at home this season and only managed to score 17 goals. We've failed to score 5 times and scored once 8 times.

I've been at Priestfield for all 17 of those games and the team has only played well twice and some performances, including last night v Stockport, have been pretty dire.

I'll be at Priestfield for the remaining 6 games and haven't given up on that last play-off spot but if the team don't improve that won't happen and the whole season will have been a shocking disappointment.
I'm sure most of us would unimpressed by "moronic" nationalism.

(Did the originator define it ?):oops:

Where will you be Saturday? I know where I'll be and what I'll be doing...

I'll be in Spain.

Saturday will be a great opportunity for you to sing about loving England and hating the sheep shagging Welsh in between moaning about how awful our players are. If you're lucky you might even get a chance to give the lads a boo.

Last edited: