Our old friend Jim Price; deary me! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Our old friend Jim Price; deary me!

Pope John XXIII - 7/6/2017 17:31

mao tse tung - 7/6/2017 16:59

Pope John XXIII - 7/6/2017 16:19

Calvin Plummer - 7/6/2017 15:44

Pope: Apart from Derby can afford it and have assets they can sell.

It did modify his behaviour, what was our net spend last season? Don't you remember him writing off debt? Do you think that would of happened otherwise? How many times were we in court last season?

Without FFP there is virtually no chance we'd of seen a takeover.

BRE: Really? Was the embargo an illusion?

Yeah. He stopped spending money because of FFP Calvin :19:

Even Donald Trump wouldn't try that one.

He stopped spending money on transfers because he ran out of money. Simple as that. I know that, you know that.

He didn't write off debts so he could spend more on FFP rules either did he? Presumably that was to help sell the club.

We were in court for a winding up order on 19th September according to a simple Google search. I accept they have been less winding up orders this season though- Fawaz progressed instead to failing to pay wages on time (with the threat at one time that they wouldn't be paid at all)

He wasn't really spending money before the embargo, well not on transfers, if you exclude his first transfer window.

Brit and MA were purchased from the money received after selling the two to Newcastle.

He has run huge debts up by constantly paying compensation and ridiculous wages and running down the revenue.

He did not understand the first thing about FFP so I am not sure how he managed to use it to his advantage.

I'm not the one saying he used it to his advantage.

I'm saying the embargo made no difference to his behaviour. Your post largely backs me up on that

The accounts don't back you up.

Him writing off debt doesn't back you up.

The takeover doesn't back you up.

All that does is that FFP didn't turn him into a financial genius lol

Calvin Plummer - 7/6/2017 21:11

Pope John XXIII - 7/6/2017 17:31

mao tse tung - 7/6/2017 16:59

Pope John XXIII - 7/6/2017 16:19

Calvin Plummer - 7/6/2017 15:44

Pope: Apart from Derby can afford it and have assets they can sell.

It did modify his behaviour, what was our net spend last season? Don't you remember him writing off debt? Do you think that would of happened otherwise? How many times were we in court last season?

Without FFP there is virtually no chance we'd of seen a takeover.

BRE: Really? Was the embargo an illusion?

Yeah. He stopped spending money because of FFP Calvin :19:

Even Donald Trump wouldn't try that one.

He stopped spending money on transfers because he ran out of money. Simple as that. I know that, you know that.

He didn't write off debts so he could spend more on FFP rules either did he? Presumably that was to help sell the club.

We were in court for a winding up order on 19th September according to a simple Google search. I accept they have been less winding up orders this season though- Fawaz progressed instead to failing to pay wages on time (with the threat at one time that they wouldn't be paid at all)

He wasn't really spending money before the embargo, well not on transfers, if you exclude his first transfer window.

Brit and MA were purchased from the money received after selling the two to Newcastle.

He has run huge debts up by constantly paying compensation and ridiculous wages and running down the revenue.

He did not understand the first thing about FFP so I am not sure how he managed to use it to his advantage.

I'm not the one saying he used it to his advantage.

I'm saying the embargo made no difference to his behaviour. Your post largely backs me up on that

The accounts don't back you up.

Him writing off debt doesn't back you up.

The takeover doesn't back you up.

All that does is that FFP didn't turn him into a financial genius lol

None of those things back you up either Plummer. You can pretend they were FFP related if you like but in reality he did it to sell the club.

FFP didn't make him pay the wages on time.

17 players signed post embargo, 15 of them shit and another one iffy.

How much money?

How much squandered on McCormack?

Are we living within our means now or do we need to sell another promising young player to make up for that folly?

FFP has only had an effect on forest whilst under embargo

2.2m loss, 18m written off. We didn't renter embargo so clearly we improved. We weren't in the courts consistently, another improvement.

What exactly would you like FFP to achieve? It drastically reduced our debt and forced a different approach to signings.

Without it we'd never have been sold and looking at 50m+ extra debt. You're an idiot if you think that's a good thing.

We were borderline getting into very very serious financial trouble, only FFP saved us from that. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Calvin Plummer - 7/6/2017 23:59

2.2m loss, 18m written off. We didn't renter embargo so clearly we improved. We weren't in the courts consistently, another improvement.

What exactly would you like FFP to achieve? It drastically reduced our debt and forced a different approach to signings.

Without it we'd never have been sold and looking at 50m+ extra debt. You're an idiot if you think that's a good thing.

We were borderline getting into very very serious financial trouble, only FFP saved us from that. You're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Wow. Is it possible to be more arrogant than that last line?

"You're and idiot if you disagree with me".

That's breathtaking.

I assume the £2.2m loss was due to £18m being written off, yes?

On that assumption, under FFP embargo our losses fell from around £24m to just over £20m, in a season where we sold Antonio for £7m in straight cash.

So the embargo made our losses fall by a colossal £4m in a season where we sold a player for £7m plus Mackie, Cox etc.

That's well impressive.

FFP was also so successful that Fawaz had to borrow money from the Americans he was about to do over to pay the wages this season. I believe that wages were late so often this year that players considered refusing to play.

And in September we were in court for our sixth winding up petition.

mao tse tung - 7/6/2017 20:11

He does like his Rugby; doesn't understand the rules but he does like it.

Of course he does, every salesman finds that common interest

Hes the morals of a number 2

Apollyon - 8/6/2017 07:21

mao tse tung - 7/6/2017 20:11

He does like his Rugby; doesn't understand the rules but he does like it.

Of course he does, every salesman finds that common interest

Hes the morals of a number 2

He stopped going to the Rugby with me after I showed him up at the World Cup.

mao tse tung - 8/6/2017 09:45

jbacsta - 8/6/2017 09:32

And give them a good chance of promotion.

His track record suggests otherwise.

Another demonstration of an inability to interpret a sentence

Please re-read. The statement is accurate

toms - 8/6/2017 11:46

Not really, he has had one promotion in countless attempts.

If you want to narrow it down, he had no promotions when relatively well backed at Forest.

A more accurate statement would be 'And give them a good chance at losing in the play-offs', no?

wesimmo - 8/6/2017 12:34

Not really, he has had one promotion in countless attempts.

If you want to narrow it down, he had no promotions when relatively well backed at Forest.

Anyone who has taken clubs consistently in or around the promotion places gives them a good chance of promotion. The statement is about the creation of an opportunity not the taking of it although he was successful once. We were a post away from taking Swansea to the playoffs for god sake. There aren't many managers you can make this statement about in championship football terms.

Sacking him was the most ridiculous move we made in fawaz's era and sealed our downward fate from that point. Still according to certain genius posters on here he was an absolute tw@t. So there you go then. They must be right.

AdebolaCornflakes - 8/6/2017 12:40

A more accurate statement would be 'And give them a good chance at losing in the play-offs', no?

Yes that would be statistically more accurate...there are very few managers that could have given us better odds. Hughton being the obvious one.

Your tenuous grasp of the English Language would normally be a cause for concern; thankfully no one, including you, gives a fook.

I could quote you his basic statistics but do not want to be accused of bewildering you with words and numbers

If he gives a team such a good chance, why is he still unemployed?