Our Fans Today | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our Fans Today

It started in front of us, a woman asked the fans who were congregated inthe aisle, sitting in non allocated seating to move. She was met with foul, abusive and threatening language.
Then one approached her and her partner gave him a slap.
The rest then followed trying to get at him. The stewards intervened but our fans turned aggressive on them.
There were more old bill than the two filming the incident and in my opinion should have gone in to sort it out.

The stewards did nothing wrong, some of our fans were totally out of order, mainly because of drink.

After watching the Imps since 1981 and travelling many times during the '80s to see them away from home, today was my first away game in over 25 yeas (kids, wives and work has curtailed a lot of my Imp viewing since the early '90s)

Have to say embarrassment does not begin to cover how I feel after hearing the racist and abusive comments the Barnet stewards were forced to endure.

It was as if I had gone back in time to 1986 or 87 to listen to some of the ignorant, Neanderthal comments strewn around today-

If LCFC aspires to be a family club, it needs to take a stand regarding the events of today at Barnet as they shamed the club- the initial site of the full away end was superb, what followed was a disgrace.

Unless of course this is standard behaviour away from home- having not been for 25 years, it really felt like very little had changed (except the away end facilities)

Davidimp - 19/1/2018 21:54

The peaky blinders group were out on a 50th birthday beano for our former police liasion officer...

Was a really bizarre day out , two rows behind me fans were nearly coming to blows.
Really strange day , then the clown that came onto the pitch at the end.

Think the guy that ran on the pitch at the end was a Barnet fan, ran back into the side stand thinking it was Barnet supporters but was full of Lincoln fans.

The irony of " We sit where we want" results in Lincoln fans fighting with each other and when Stewards have to intervene, various members of banter sites claim City fans are innocent.

Too many self important people following club as well, who believe there is a conspiracy against them. NO, It is about behaviour and respecting your own fans!

Kentishimp - 20/1/2018 21:20

Think the guy that ran on the pitch at the end was a Barnet fan, ran back into the side stand thinking it was Barnet supporters but was full of Lincoln fans.

Sadly....he was one of ours. He had a red and white shirt on under his top...

Kentishimp - 20/1/2018 21:05

It started in front of us, a woman asked the fans who were congregated inthe aisle, sitting in non allocated seating to move. She was met with foul, abusive and threatening language.
The rest then followed trying to get at him. The stewards intervened but our fans turned aggressive on them.
There were more old bill than the two filming the incident and in my opinion should have gone in to sort it out.

The stewards did nothing wrong, some of our fans were totally out of order, mainly because of drink.

I must have been sat close to you as I also saw it all in front of me (in fact for the first half it was ALL I could see, my view of the game totally blocked by these morons on the steps).
Yes a lady and quite a few others were quite rightly asking them to go to their allocated seats but they gave her and any others near her a torrent of foul disgusting abuse, in front of her children and others. Her husband (perhaps) was rightly disgusted by their appalling behaviour and tried to intervene. If he did slap one, it was the least they deserved. Hope he doesn't get punished for that as he was an innocent fan out to follow the Imps with his family. He was very much the aggrieved party.
I would give the stewards a little criticism for not intervening sooner to clear them off the steps but once they did get involved i thought the stewards acted with remarkable constraint and deserve full praise for the way they handled an ugly situation.
I myself received abuse from these "fans" and in over 35 years of following the Imps Home and Away, i think today was the worst behaviour i have seen by Lincoln "fans" towards out own genuine supporters.
I hope the club can identify some of them and ban them. For what it's worth, one of the worst offenders had green trainers on and he was the one gloating and laughing that he had been slapped. Shameful.

buckielugger - 20/1/2018 22:11

Kentishimp - 20/1/2018 21:05

I must have been sat close to you as I also saw it all in front of me (in fact for the first half it was ALL I could see, my view of the game totally blocked by these morons on the steps).
Yes a lady and quite a few others were quite rightly asking them to go to their allocated seats but they gave her and any others near her a torrent of foul disgusting abuse, in front of her children and others. Her husband (perhaps) was rightly disgusted by their appalling behaviour and tried to intervene. If he did slap one, it was the least they deserved. Hope he doesn't get punished for that as he was an innocent fan out to follow the Imps with his family. He was very much the aggrieved party.
I would give the stewards a little criticism for not intervening sooner to clear them off the steps but once they did get involved i thought the stewards acted with remarkable constraint and deserve full praise for the way they handled an ugly situation.
I myself received abuse from these "fans" and in over 35 years of following the Imps Home and Away, i think today was the worst behaviour i have seen by Lincoln "fans" towards out own genuine supporters.
I hope the club can identify some of them and ban them. For what it's worth, one of the worst offenders had green trainers on and he was the one gloating and laughing that he had been slapped. Shameful.

What should have been a great day out was ruined by a few. Not genuine fans at all and give the club a bad name. Sure they will blame the stewards but the stewards were very calm.

Sad times. Makes me consider going to away games again which is also quite a sad thought. I’m an exile I look forward to games around London & The Home Counties and a little beyond. I love Lincoln but I look around me at times and think “really”. May just stick to Sincil Bank.

Consideration of others & respect appears to be a thing of the past, not only in football btw, aggression seems to be the default response.

Don’t post on here but having been made aware of the ‘peaky blinders’ Reference PLEASE be in possession of the full facts before posting drivel.

Yes its happened at Stevenage, at Cheltenham, at Barnet, thats just what I have witnessed.
In today's video world these so called fans need to be sorted and packed of for good. There is no place for them at Lincoln city football club. Why is this re- accuring at so many away matches? do they only attend away games. They are a disgrace to LINCOLN and Lincolnshire. We spend well earned money to follow our beloved club only for a group of morons to ruin the day. I am thoroughly disgusted and embarrased to witness these incidents on our travels. The club or Police must take action and as for blaming the Stewards that is total bullpoo. The stewards were not the ones who were pi---d out of their minds. When they get up in the morning they need to hang their heads in shame-----but i am not holding my breath. Afew are spoiling the journey for the many, lets get rid. End of rant.

Thought the stewards outside the ground and in the bar area were delightful today. Saw Lincoln fans being dragged out at half time, some looked totally weeed or drugged up. Another embarrassment after that endured at Cheltenham.

Club needs to get hold of the videos and if their actions warrant it, ban them.

It would be good to see something on the OS from the Supporters Liaison Officer confirming what is being done about it. And perhaps an apology to Barnet.

JT_LCFC - 20/1/2018 21:58

Strange how this was allocated yet Cambridge is unreserved seating.
That is the host club's decision and their decision alone and away fans should just accept it.

It was the same at County. Goading the stewards, swearing at other Imps fans , drunk morons who think they can act like they want at the match then bleat about Police/ Stewards being heavy handed when dealing with them.

fuctifino - 20/1/2018 23:27

It was the same at County. Goading the stewards, swearing at other Imps fans , drunk morons who think they can act like they want at the match then bleat about Police/ Stewards being heavy handed when dealing with them.

Where were these people when we finished 17th in the conference?

NottyImp - 20/1/2018 23:30

fuctifino - 20/1/2018 23:27

Where were these people when we finished 17th in the conference?

tits up in the boozers, they have now got a new game.