Other Possible Strikers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Other Possible Strikers

Doubt we could either afford him or his wages but Loic Remy would be great. Would imagine he will go to Totenham though. Otherwise I would quite like to see Weissman or maybe even McManaman. Definatly dont want Hooper. He missed his boat on that one.

Celtic want to keep Hooper anyway - so let them - there's much better around at a higher level and we can command more quality next year - so long as our "country cousins" tag is diminished

Some possible Championship strikers/wingers we could acquire at an affordable price:

Matt Phillips (22) - Blackpool FC
Ross McCormack (26) - Leeds United
Jordan Rhodes (23) - Blackburn Rovers
David Nugent (27) - Leicester City

Two papers have this this morning -

West Bromwich Albion, Fulham and Norwich are leading the chase to sign England Under-19 international winger Nathan Redmond, 19, from Birmingham.

Nathan Redmond for 2million apparently - get in their Hughton!!! This lad is the quick left/right winger we need.

Redmond would be a great buy, but I think of him as more of a winger as you said. If we could change him into a striker/very offensive minded winger that would be best.

shanedoh_ - 26/4/2013 03:59

Some possible Championship strikers/wingers we could acquire at an affordable price:

Matt Phillips (22) - Blackpool FC
Ross McCormack (26) - Leeds United
Jordan Rhodes (23) - Blackburn Rovers
David Nugent (27) - Leicester City

Nugent and McCormack would be hell no's for me.

Rhodes a maybe, needs to develop his all round game more.

Philips would be a good buy

yep Max Clayton is very good - but might be a player we would loan out asap to a championship club for the season

Also it seems wrong that we would be buying in another clubs youngster when we have plenty of quality already here (they have got to the FA Youth cup for goodness sake?)

got a call from a lady from norwich city trying to get even more money out of me for the youth team set up. Had already been warned by my brother so said the same as him. Get one or two in the team and I will donate.

I got the self same call DG...I told her I had just increased my payment to the RSPB so was unable to help!