Other Possible Strikers | Vital Football

Other Possible Strikers

shanedoh_

Vital Reserves Team
It seems evident that we will be losing at least 1 of our strikers this summer. It'd be nice to take the pressure off of Wolfswinkel for next year with another good striker signing. I like the looks of Andreas Weimann, as he's only 21, and if Villa end up going down, he could be someone we could take off their hands. :grin:

Anyone else see anyone they like from the EPL/Championship that is young, affordable, and could help take pressure off of Wolfswinkel?

shanedoh_ - 25/4/2013 02:27

It seems evident that we will be losing at least 1 of our strikers this summer. It'd be nice to take the pressure off of Wolfswinkel for next year with another good striker signing. I like the looks of Andreas Weimann, as he's only 21, and if Villa end up going down, he could be someone we could take off their hands. :grin:

Anyone else see anyone they like from the EPL/Championship that is young, affordable, and could help take pressure off of Wolfswinkel?

Always quite fancied a look at Charlie Austin of Burnley, seems to be a good prospect.

Not really sure there is anybody we would want from the clubs getting relegated (Wigan, Reading and QPR imo)

There's a couple of really good young midfielders in the Championship I'd like us to snap up (Bridcutt, Redmond, Hughes)

I wouldn't be surprised if we went abroad for another striker

Lots of talented forwards in the championship but it is a massive step.

Championship -

I like Bristol City's Steve Davies he is a big lad and has an eye for goal - 34 games this season 15 goals this season and banged in 21 goals in a stop start career with Derby (just a younger version of Holt) - Bristol will be in League 1 next season so he would be a lot cheaper.

Another of Bristol City's players Sam Baldock has always seemed to find the net - small but quick.

I said earlier in the season that Watford forward Matej Vydra is a talented player - 21 goals in 36 games isn't bad - he has trailed off a bit but still worth a look. Also Fernando Forestieri of watford looks decent plays in the Wes role - 27 games this season and 9 goals.

Tom Ince and Matt Phillips of Blackpool

Two players I have liked for a long time are Brighton's 1) Ashley Barnes he is more of a hard worker then an out and out goal scorer but 104 goals 165 games in his career and he is only 23. and 2) Will Buckley also 23.

I don't think we will get Hooper. I think, if anything, we were going to get one or the other: Wolfswinkel or Hooper. Not only is he going to be a bit too much money after the Wolfswinkel buy (and considering we need to make other buys), it angered me a bit that we were looked down on by Celtic and how it was almost like they were playing games with us. I think it'd be smarter to look at an EPL or a Championship striker. Ince would be great, but the chances of us having enough money to outbid some of the other teams looking at him would be tough. But I think some of the other strikers mentioned we could get at a decent price and they might help take the pressure off of Wolfswinkel.

Agree Shane . I wouldnt want Hooper now after the what happened in January , and anyhow he has hardly scored for Celtic since the new year

lennon in a strop as no celtic players have been nominated for jock mickey mouse league player of the year !

How about Kone from wigan if they go down !

Di Santo no thanks - did you see his miss against Man City?

Kone is an interesting one but Wigans best player in Maloney (maybe a bit to much like Wes)

I really like Le Fondre of Reading and he is out of contract in summer.

I wouldn't want hooper (he was rubbish in High Noon). I think we are setting our sights too low with lower end prem attackers.

Someone like Adrian Lopez of Athletico Madrid for about £8 m.

He'd get to play with us. He probably won't even make the bench more than a couple of times with MC.

Isco is gonna replace Gotze at Dortmund, we don't stand a cat in hell's chance of signing him!

Di Santo would be an awful buy, because he's an awful player. Maloney is the one from Wigan as Bears says!

Le Fondre would be a good impact sub, not a starter imo though

Hope we don't sign Hooper. Celtic can keep their precious Hooper - he won't cut it in the prem anyway. League 1 to EPL too big a jump. I also like the look of that Weimann. Wouldn't mind signing Dembele of spurs either but doubt we would afford him on top of what we have already spent.

Kone seems to score a few and Mahoney looks pretty good. I'm not too clued up on who's available but Aspas at Celta Vigo looks a great young player. They will sell him in the summer.

I'm not sure how big a fan I am of Kone. I think I'd lean towards keeping Kei Kamara than him. I've always been a huge Robbie Keane fan, and he may be making a return to the EPL. I know he was at least training with Tottenham. He'd be someone I'd offer a deal.