Other games 2018-2019 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Other games 2018-2019

Watching City v Pool, Pool may be top of the league but they are not the best team based on this performance. City ball retention and passing is superior. Aguero superb goal

Back to 6 point gap for us. City showed the way to beat Pool, press them, force mistakes , keep solid at the back. Pool passing was not great , got worse as they became more desperate.

Back to 6 point gap for us. City showed the way to beat Pool, press them, force mistakes , keep solid at the back. Pool passing was not great , got worse as they became more desperate.

And it's easy to wind Van Dick up.

Don’t fuck up wolves and Watford and we are top

If we are out of it and safe in top 4 I don’t care if city beat us

Don’t fuck up wolves and Watford and we are top

If we are out of it and safe in top 4 I don’t care if city beat us

I do. From a progression standpoint. Every year we've taken some sort of significant step forward. This year, to me, it should be some more top 6 wins and a trophy of some sort.

Good result for us, I thought I was going to be the first to say it but Kin beat me to it...

If only we had beat Wolves... :shake:

Watford game happens and it was early in the season but we all knew how big the Wolves game was for the 'title race' with the City-Liverpool game coming up.

Oh well, 6 points behind now, any slip up from Liverpool now and we could really put the pressure on....

Good result for us, I thought I was going to be the first to say it but Kin beat me to it...

If only we had beat Wolves... :shake:

Watford game happens and it was early in the season but we all knew how big the Wolves game was for the 'title race' with the City-Liverpool game coming up.

Oh well, 6 points behind now, any slip up from Liverpool now and we could really put the pressure on....

No excuses for Watford 2 great chances to put it to bed and 2 keeper mistakes.

I do. From a progression standpoint. Every year we've taken some sort of significant step forward. This year, to me, it should be some more top 6 wins and a trophy of some sort.

I’ll take beating them in cup final

No excuses for Watford 2 great chances to put it to bed and 2 keeper mistakes.

I agree but at that stage of the season we were never considered challengers, barely challengers for top 4. I hate looking back over dropped points as every team could do that but the Wolves game felt like a real mentality thing given we were so close to closing the gap. Lets hope we kick on again.

I agree but at that stage of the season we were never considered challengers, barely challengers for top 4. I hate looking back over dropped points as every team could do that but the Wolves game felt like a real mentality thing given we were so close to closing the gap. Lets hope we kick on again.

I think Watford as well. Wolves are a good team. However, We've lost 5 already. No draws offsets that but that's 15 points, any of which would make a difference.

Top 4 would be a huge achievement with no signings. It's not just that it's the level of money spent by our rivals we've had to weather. A cup is possible and easier than finishing in the top 4 probably. I will be happy with top 4 and over the moon with a cup.

Pool and City are probably ahead of us quality wise in truth, although on our day we could beat anyone. It's the consistency of the performance where we need to improve and that ain't easy with the injuries we've had coupled with a thin squad.

The way I see it. Every time we lose a game we're not expected to (Wolves, Watford, Arsenal) we need to win a game we're not expected to to make up for it.

In truth not dropping points against anyone in draws is remarkable and has compensated massively for those losses. But I'm hoping the team think of those games as a 6 point deficit they need to recover in away games against top sides.

Enjoying the Wolves vs Liverpool game.

The Liverpool squad are getting a hammering from Ince and Shearer in the studio.

I want to take this opportunity to share my admiration for Mo Salah with Joegen Klopp this morning .
The Reds Boss said " we are all so proud of Mo ,he has worked tirelessly on the training ground, he is the first there in the morning and last to leave in the afternoon " He went on to say that that the unselfish regime he puts in is paying dividends on the pitch with spectacular results .
When the reporter asked him if his absence , now that he has finally attained the qualifying standard against Crystal Palace on Saturday, for the Egyptian one metre springboard event at the next Olympics ,would cause problems in the preseason training ,Klopp was very philosophical and said "Que Sala Sala "
Mo himself ,quite smugly , muttered that it was a team game and didn't want to take all the glory ,but he would anyway

Yes ,I do have a " bee in my bonnet"

MARK CLATTENBURG'S VERDICT
Mo Salah went down with no contact from Mamadou Sakho. It's irrelevant that he did not appeal for a penalty, because he was trying to deceive referee Jonathan Moss, who should have issued a yellow card.
Salah was accused of going down easily to win penalties against Arsenal and Newcastle. In all these situations, he has no chance to score, so it seems he prefers to try to win a penalty.
As he is Liverpool's penalty taker, he will know winning a spot-kick means he has a free shot at goal. He is then likely to increase his chances of winning the Golden Boot. One thing I have noticed is that when Salah goes down to try to win penalties, his hands go above his head.
This is what officials look for when trying to see if a player has simulated. Usually, if you are knocked over, you put your hands straight out to break your fall.
Until the introduction of VAR, if a player simulates, a suspension should follow - irrespective of the referee's decision.