Other games 2015/16 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Other games 2015/16

Shit, our next game is against...pud...so if they have a new man in by them, the players will be playing out of their skins to impress the new man...not good time to play hem..

Klopp had an absolute shocker with Dortmund before he left. I'm holding out hope that they go with Klopp and we find out his success with Dortmund was a fluke.

We could be lucky, and find Liverpool come in for Pochettino. Providing we then didn't appoint Brenda, I would be happy. :2:

Journos saying Fenway do not want Klopp. So it looks like Ancelotti now he is a good manager but he can produce miracles. He still has the flaws inherent in that side mostly the lack of a real top class cm awful centre backs and to quality but injury prone players.

I'm sad that a manager who put more strikers on the pitch than our boremeister can find room for in his squad has got the boot.

I'm sad Liverpool might get someone in who knows what they're doing. Gutted. Klopp or Ancelotti going there is bad news in my book.

Chiv have you watched the scouse in the last year? They are terrible to watch. Worse than us. BR has blown a shed load of money on average players. He is very overrated.

Big Chiv - 4/10/2015 21:30

I'm sad that a manager who put more strikers on the pitch than our boremeister can find room for in his squad has got the boot.

Yet we are above them. And have scored more than them.

I watched them against my home town of Carlisle recently. I would have sacked the manager on that showing alone.

As a manager you are expected to be able to look at a performance and change it if things arent going right. Well here are the facts from that match

Liverpool had over 40 shots at goal
Liverpool had about 70% posession
Liverpool didnt make the Carlisle keeper pull off more than a couple of good saves
Liverpool put the ball into the stands when shooting from 90% of their shots

So lets take it that they had 20 shots in the first half and scored 1 (Conceded 1 too). Out of 19 shots they didnt make the keeper work at all. ANY MANGER worth his salt would realise that they needed to carry on doing what they were doing BUT ask the players to stop going for hollywood shots. Instead of top corner 25yrd curlers/blasts from coutinho & Caan, get them to hit them low and bouncing in front of the keeper. They had another 20 shots in the second half. You are not telling me they wouldnt get one or two rebounds with simple goals to come from them.

I spent the entire second half watching the Kop end catching the ball

Jables, it's about creating good opportunities. You could have a hundred shots on target if everyone took a shot the moment they got the ball. Quality coaching is making sure the players work their way into the best position to get a goal.

Ireland beat Germany 1-0 and either beat Poland on Sunday or draw with them 2-2 or a higher score draw, to qualify for the Euros!

What a performance that was from Ireland. We should study a video of their defending in that match. So many interceptions were made that they had no right to do successfully.

Last 20mins was the longest of my life. Its not often you get all football fans in belfast celebrating alongside each other, it was a special atmosphere alright

Big well done to Scotland.

They'll finally get independence next summer by being the only home nation to stay at home.

Watched the Exeter v Stevenage game and it was a decent game of footy.
Excellent free kick from Dean Parrett and 2 other cracking goals one from Exeter and none from Stevenage.
Pundits said all 3 were prem quality and I agree....... Smashing little game.