Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 427 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

I find the bile and hatred from some on here towards Coventry and their fans very strange indeed.

They are not, and never have been, nor ever will be, rivals or challengers to us (or anyone else for that matter!) but for people to be so abusive, just a bit weird.

I work in Coventry and a friend of mine is still a season ticket holder there. They were never rivals though one or two interesting links over the years. No.1 our signing of Dennis - thank you Coventry. No.2 Ellis wouldn't pay the extra £500,000 to sign Robbie Keane as a young man from Wolves so Coventry paid it. Madness.
The selling off of Coventry's assets is a shocking example of clubs being bought for the wrong reasons by tossers who want to make money by robbing local people of part of their heritage, namely Highfield Road. Nothing to gloat about there.

I tend to agree with JPA and Wicked. It's a shame for Cov. Yes, they've never really been rivals to us, but what has been happening to them I'd only reserve for Small Heath.

Ok the bile ix totally justified, thay actually look down on brummies and think that they were technically advanced through the years after the war because apparently you could earn more money working in their factories.
Massive chip on the shoulders , the villa hating thing comes from a predudice , find out what a brummegum screwdriver is and you will start to understand, dont ever feel sorry for them , ever.
Fuckin rats .

Not a shame for Coventry at all , they over paid players for years . Ran above their means
Trust me their fans hate us with a passion that only Blues fans normally have .
Goring had the right idea with Coventry flatten the shit hole off the face of the earth .

They rejoiced in our demise , no love lost with us .

Those who work in Cov will know what i mean when I say we have no interest in Coventry City but they are obsessed with Villa. Whereas we treat them like we treat Walsall , nice little club who cause us little harm.

VillaTomB38 - 18/3/2017 23:09

I work with quite a few people from Cov but do any of them support the local team?! Nope, typical.

I disagree they might not go to matches but they all support their team , just like Wolves do .
There are however the normal glory hunters with the Man Utd and Liverpool kits on but you get that everywhere .

McParlandTheGreat - 18/3/2017 23:26

Ayew was subbed for Swansea today. How we miss him. If only he was still playing for us we might have scrapped a draw today. Might.

Must admit we done well to ship him out and get Taylor plus cash. Still there is a player in him but his attitude to be a better player would need to come alive.

I have to say I have no real opinion on Coventry. I have never seen us play them because they were relegated so long ago - If they hate us then let them, they are so bad they are not even on my radar of clubs I don't like.

Tis true Coventry don't like us . It's not only Villa fans they don't like either , I have played cricket there many many times and have always found a distinct hostility towards any "outsiders"

Strange bunch .

sirdennis - 19/3/2017 16:35

Tis true Coventry don't like us . It's not only Villa fans they don't like either , I have played cricket there many many times and have always found a distinct hostility towards any "outsiders"

Strange bunch .

Could be a symptom of hundreds of years of inbreeding sirdennis.

Apparently everyone is saying the Man Citeh v Bin dippers match was pulsating. Some saying it was the best Premiership match of the season.

May have to watch that on MotD 2....

Funny that not one city player gave milner the time of day after the whistle always thought he was a self centred prick

1958Villan - 19/3/2017 18:19

Strange bunch .

it's the six fingers on each hand that gives them away

Villan57 - 19/3/2017 20:39

1958Villan - 19/3/2017 18:19

Strange bunch .

it's the six fingers on each hand that gives them away

57, I always thought that was because their ancestors came from Norfolk.