Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 425 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

I think Man City went out of the competition for two reasons.
One, they didn't play as a team in the first half but, more importantly.
Two, Guardiola's arrogance.
How can any experienced manager set up his team in such an attacking formation, against a team that has scored 120+ goals this season, when he only needs to avoid a two goal defeat?

As for Leicester City, well done to them.
They played more like the Leicester team that won the Premiership last season than they have all of this season.

sirdennis - 15/3/2017 21:47

2 goals ahead from the first leg and Pep plays pretty much a 4-1-5 formation.

Tactical genius !!!!!

Pep Sherwood!

Crazy to think Leicester are the only English club left in the competition at this stage. I agree with a previous poster I'm not sure I want them to win it as I like the exclusivity of the winners of the European Cup.

I don't think there's any worry about Leicester going on to win it looking at who's left, you never know but realistically I just can't see it. They might as well hope for a Barca or Bayern and enjoy that away trip because they won't for a long time.

Monaco, they play in that tiny stadium that isn't really fit for purpose and average around 9,000 per match. Reached the final years ago then declined, relegated and now back again. I know the players don't have to pay tax and I imagine it's a nice place to live overall but I dunno how they do it.

Blimey! Panic stations at Middlesbrough. Karanka heading through the door marked 'Do One'.

:18:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/16/aitor-karanka-leaves-middlesbrough-premier-league

And in other north eastern news, 'disgraced' former Sunderland player Adam Johnson has been told to STFU by the Court of Appeal by their refusal to grant him leave to appeal his conviction or his 6-year sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/adam-johnson-refused-leave-appeal-against-conviction

VillaTomB38 - 16/3/2017 17:27

I don't think there's any worry about Leicester going on to win it looking at who's left, you never know but realistically I just can't see it. They might as well hope for a Barca or Bayern and enjoy that away trip because they won't for a long time.

Monaco, they play in that tiny stadium that isn't really fit for purpose and average around 9,000 per match. Reached the final years ago then declined, relegated and now back again. I know the players don't have to pay tax and I imagine it's a nice place to live overall but I dunno how they do it.

There was an interesting article about them recently. Basically, they tried to go all fancy Dan with big money signings but nobody in Monaco gives a shit so it fell on its arse.

They went back to what brought them success in the first place, youth development. They have a very effective scouting network and are a top choice for young players because they have a history of successfully bringing through young talent.

Karanka's sacking has been on the cards for some time. Seems to have a very inflexible approach. No room for Rhodes, Downing. Not at all obvious what he bought Gestede for.

McParlandTheGreat - 16/3/2017 22:54

Karanka's sacking has been on the cards for some time. Seems to have a very inflexible approach. No room for Rhodes, Downing. Not at all obvious what he bought Gestede for.

They were always going to get relegated. The new guy will lead them down instead of Karanka.

I think it's more a case of the players just not getting Guardiola. On another note, Jores Okore about to play for FC Copenhagen in Amsterdam Arena trying to defend a 2-1 first leg win. Just saying .....

I PMSL when I saw this..... small heath are splashing out by laying on free coach travel for their supporters........ all the way to........... Villa Park!

(I do apologise for putting a link up for small heath, but seeing is believing).........

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/birmingham-city-3629719.aspx

:19:

villasince67 - 16/3/2017 19:30

I think it's more a case of the players just not getting Guardiola. On another note, Jores Okore about to play for FC Copenhagen in Amsterdam Arena trying to defend a 2-1 first leg win. Just saying .....

There losing 2-0 (3-2) Okore at fault for the first goal and Okore gave away a penalty for the second. and then sub off.

Indeed he gone at half time and been replaced by ex AJax man Boileson who was linked with Villa I seem to remember. Anyway Okore v Dolberg ..... hmmm, my money would be on Dolberg.