Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 426 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Haven't seen it, but sounds like former youther Jonathan Hogg picked up a pretty serious issue tonight for Huddersfield. 14 minutes of stoppage time at the break from what I've read.

Yeah watching the game here Mike, it was a long stoppage, he's gone to hospital but I think he's fine.

I wonder if we could nick that Tammy Abraham for next season.

Clip I finally saw looked innocuous to be honest but he was certainly down for a while - saying he was conscious in dressing room though so fingers crossed.

Abraham's back on the scoresheet tonight again as well - not doing too badly is he.

So Bristol City thump Huddersfield 4-0. This league is a bit mental.

We're 9 points from the relegation zone, but a win tomorrow and we're 11 points off Sheff Wed in 6th who lost to Reading tonight.

Tha's the thing, the current form of the top two is fairly modestm for the teams below that it is fairly grim apart from Fulham, Preston and ourselves. Sheffield Wedbesay have 4 points from the last 5 games, Norwich 3, Derby 4 and Barnsley 2.

Fulham have 9 points, Preston 8 and we have 12. At that rate we will finish 7th behind Fulham.

Just finish above the shit and Derby [& Wolves and Forest], look forward to next season and dream about events of this day 35 years ago when Dynamo Kiev [aka the Soviet Union] were on the menu as opposed to ......

I think this is amazing, Coventry City, bottom of League One and seemingly doomed, have sold 41,000 tickets for the upcoming Checkatrade Trophy Final. Sure under 16's are £10 and they haven't been to Wembley for 30 years, but heh, still impressive.

villasince67 - 18/3/2017 00:10

I think this is amazing, Coventry City, bottom of League One and seemingly doomed, have sold 41,000 tickets for the upcoming Checkatrade Trophy Final. Sure under 16's are £10 and they haven't been to Wembley for 30 years, but heh, still impressive.

It is amazing, and fair play to them.

I have to wonder whether, in their heart of hearts, Cov fans realise/accept that this could well be their final 'hurrah' before they go out of existence as we all know them?

Sad times. I have a huge soft spot for the Sky Blues for a number of reasons, just such a disgrace they have been so chronically mis-managed in the last 10-15 years.

It could so easily have been Villa, and it still could be in years to come.

I have no sympathy for coventry whatsoever. I have lived in Nuneaton for 25 years believe me they hate us and if the shoe was on the other foot they would be putting the boot in.
Shitty no mark town with a massive chip on its shoulder thinking it was an industrial mecca after the war , oh the joy on the Sunday after we sent them down as i sat in my local with my villa shirt on.
Villa hating wankers.

I have to laugh with these gooner fans. Wenger out banners etc etc..... anyone think they were half way down the Championship....no, they're currently 5th in the Premiership...... Ok not their usual standard but really?......

pvb1968 - 18/3/2017 14:24

I have no sympathy for coventry whatsoever. I have lived in Nuneaton for 25 years believe me they hate us and if the shoe was on the other foot they would be putting the boot in.
Shitty no mark town with a massive chip on its shoulder thinking it was an industrial mecca after the war , oh the joy on the Sunday after we sent them down as i sat in my local with my villa shirt on.
Villa hating wankers.

Could not agree more. I work with lots of people from Coventry and Nuneaton and there are a fair few Coventry fans among them. The moment they find out someone is a villa fan they can't wait to tell you how much they hate us. They absolutely loved us going down last Season, the 1st half of the season when it looked like they would get promoted was especially bad. I lost count of the amount of times I was told villa would get done at the Ricoh the following year. They insist with total certainty that they, not blues or the Albion are our biggest rivals. Fuck them, I hope Oxford murder them and send the extra 30,000 or so that have crawled out from whatever rock they've been hiding under miserable.

Coventry is a feckin toilet and i wouldnt live there if you gave me a free house, city centre consists of an ikea and a car museum, shit pubs , horrible c**ts.

Just to clarify coventry are not very popular.

Jonathan Hogg has a neck fracture after the collision in the bristol city match.

Well done to the physios and medical staff on the pitch. Watched it and they clearly recognised the issue and treated accordingly. Something like a 16 minute delay in the match. Top work.

:1: :1: :1:

f**k Coventry and that s**thole of dump city they come from, what a brilliant day it was when we relegated them years ago and I was only young but I still released how good it was at the time! Does anyone remember that man with the sign 'We'll be back'... when mate? When?!

I have to work in Cov and yes they seem to think we are their local rivals and hate us more than we hate the Blues .
Small club in the East Midlands i what I see them as , it goes down a storm ... not

Look - all I was saying was an impressive number of tickets sold. I know how much Cov hate Villa - ok.? For example I was at Highfield Rd on 16Apr77 when we won 3-2, it was an interesting away day shall we say.