Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 282 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Tekkers looks timid there, what happened to the beast?

Sort of glad Liverpool won (Tekkers and Milner), plus can't stick Mark Hughes.

It doesn't matter where it is, cup football is cup football and last night in Scotland threw up one of those nights.

Semi professional junior side Linlithgow Rose dumped Forfar out of the Scottish Cup in this 4th round replay.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35289266

What makes it for me was this extract 'Rose suffered a blow ahead of kick off against Forfar, with captain Mark Tyrell missing from their defence as he was unable to swap a shift at the sausage factory where he works'.

tarzansbrother - 24/1/2016 10:47

villasince67 - 24/1/2016 10:38

the bin dippers changed a winning formula and deserve all they get, really glad they won yesterday

A coach that attacks and wants to score goals as recognises his defence is shyte. Also rid the squad of the loafers like Sturridge and dare I say it Benteke.

I am not sure you understood what I said. I have to say I didnt understand your ' as recognises'.

BacunaMatata - 29/1/2016 15:59

God. United are so, so boring. Sidewards...backwards...Sidewards...repeat

When you're fifth in the league you do that. When you're bottom it's sideways, back, sideways, give it away, goal, kick off. I'd settle with Man Utds way at the moment.

both were dropped for the last game due to being poor.
(neither have been certain starters)
given Derby are in a bad run at the mo then that's pretty shite really.

Still on the bright side be nice to see some old boys (maybe) next year innit

all three could have been good, er .... well two of them anyway, the most expensive of them was a waste of money and always was, missed so many sitters it was unbelievable, unless of course you are the pieman.

villasince67 - 30/1/2016 00:01

all three could have been good, er .... well two of them anyway, the most expensive of them was a waste of money and always was, missed so many sitters it was unbelievable, unless of course you are the pieman.

I always liked Bent. And felt bad that he got put in the bomb squad. I'd still rather have him than some of our current lot. Warnock too. And might as well throw in weimann while we're at it.

For 'every' goal bent scored he missed so many sitters it was unbelievable ... he has been found out at last, proof that being in the right place at the right time is not enough

I always liked bent and will always be thankful to him for keeping us up with his goals but he was never the same after the terrible injury he got halfway through McLeish's season. Came back a yard or 2 slower and was made to look second rate by benteke, but he didn't deserve to be stuck in the infamous bomb squad. Weimann I'd have kept. Always worked his arse off and for that reason he was shoved around the pitch by Lambert. Needed someone to play out wide and charge up and down, stick Andi there. Need someone to play in midfield stick weimann there. God I hate Paul Lambert. As for Warnock he was simply shit for us bar the 1st 6 months. I saw an article on the evening mail site yesterday where he was whining about how he'd been made a scapegoat and he didn't understand why. It's because you were lazy, stupid and simply crap Stephen, I'm sure I shouted to tell you this several times.

Looks like Rhodes is going to join Middlesbrough .
They are not only signing him to get the goals to take them up, they will feel he can get them the goals to progress in the greed league.

Shame we won't be able to see him play for or against us.

Yes I know he wouldn't have joined us now, but him and Austin in the summer would both have come.

But we didn't need goal scorers, the brain trust knew that.