Other Clubs News Discussion Thread | Page 235 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread

Fulford - 8/9/2015 20:22

Hamstring again lol. Maybe we have dodged a bullet with him being injured all the time now
Yeah said it before when these slight players develop hamstring problems they are finished at top level Micheal Owen never reached the same heights again when he first done his at Liverpool.

Thanks to the advanced technology being used by the IDF, people living within range of Hamas missiles can now stop worrying about being surprised by a rocket attack. They will now get a 30-second warning before a rocket drops. 30 seconds might not sound like much but with effective time management, you can get quite a lot done. Here's a list of things you can do in half a minute or as we like to call it "Gone in 30 Seconds."

• Get an MA degree from the University of Tijuana.
• Sing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. At least half of it.
• Play hide and seek with an ADHD kid.
• Send an error report to Microsoft.
• Take a "30 seconds result" pregnancy test. Even if you are a man, actually, especially if you are a man, maybe the rocket won't be the most significant event of your day.
• Cook "Minute Rice." (Warning: it will only be half cooked)
• Watch the all-time highlights of Israel's national soccer team. Twice.
• Quit smoking. Twice.
• Hug the fattest guy around. Sharing is caring - especially if it's rocket shrapnel.
• Go to the window and shout, "I'm sorry I didn't spend more time at the office". It's always nice to refute a cliché before you die.
• Watch 1/120 of CBS's "60 minutes."
• Swim 7 laps in an Olympic pool (only if you are Michael Phelps)
• Change your profile picture on Facebook and then change it back.
• Write a nasty comment about someone's piece on the Huffington Post without really reading the article.
• Watch the most watched clip on "YouTube." (Only if you want to spend your last moments watching an angry squirrel turn his head)
• Learn all the names of the moderate non-violent ministers in the Hamas government by heart - and you'll still have 29 seconds left.
• Get in a big black plastic bag. It won't save your life but it'll make the work of the evacuation team much easier. It's to die considerate.
Get carried off the pitch playing for England..... :3:

Glad to see Rooney break Charlton's record not a great performance but we got the job done which Hodgson seems to be quite good at we have to do it at a major tournament yet but I do think we are slowly getting there.

Poor poor fabian. Just as he was becoming the lynchpin of that city midfield. No way are they going to win the title now. :2:

gator - 8/9/2015 21:53

Glad to see Rooney break Charlton's record not a great performance but we got the job done which Hodgson seems to be quite good at we have to do it at a major tournament yet but I do think we are slowly getting there.

Interesting one this. They have just shown on tv the goals that rooney has scored. His 50 includes 5 against san marino, 3 against kazakhstan (you like !), 2 against Andorra, and 1 against liechtenstein. For me it takes the edge of it. Plus he has not done it at a major tournament since 2004. One goal in 3 world cups?. Needs to pull out all the stops at the euros and basically win it to be considered a great for me.

Melon Donkey - 8/9/2015 22:07

Interesting one this. They have just shown on tv the goals that rooney has scored. His 50 includes 5 against san marino, 3 against kazakhstan (you like !), 2 against Andorra, and 1 against liechtenstein. For me it takes the edge of it. Plus he has not done it at a major tournament since 2004. One goal in 3 world cups?. Needs to pull out all the stops at the euros and basically win it to be considered a great for me.
Still has to put them away and in the main England have been a poor team in Rooney's time.Where Charlton played in a brilliant team and in them days the poor teams were very poor.

Has Rooney ever done it in a big game? His tournament record is a disgrace for a "world class" player. Yes he can do it in less pressure games in qualifying but to be considered a great player he has to step up in the big games and he hasn't done that enough in his international career for me

gator - 8/9/2015 22:20

Still has to put them away and in the main England have been a poor team in Rooney's time.Where Charlton played in a brilliant team and in them days the poor teams were very poor.

Although in charltons day there wasn't the amount of games or teams. Yugoslavia was one team not the six countries that were subsequently formed which all take part in qualifying. Likewise the break up of soviet union. Difficult to compare eras i suppose.

Watched a little of the England game but had a pressing engagement to watch some paint dry. I've gone right off international games. And European games come to think of it.

Melon Donkey - 8/9/2015 22:39

gator - 8/9/2015 22:20

Although in charltons day there wasn't the amount of games or teams. Yugoslavia was one team not the six countries that were subsequently formed which all take part in qualifying. Likewise the break up of soviet union. Difficult to compare eras i suppose.
No you can't really would Rooney have got into the England team from 64 to 74 hard to say innit but I do feel Rooney does gets blamed for England's over all failings where we have had England mangers who have either played him out of position or not to his strengths.

What a load of shit. Yeah Rooney hasn't scored many at ECs and WCs, but FINALS. His goals took us to those finals! Check out how many of those final tournaments he was rushed back from injury to participate. You all forget how he lit up an average England team in 2004, that was a big tournament! Short memories...

And 64-74, do me a favour, he would've walked into any England team, in any year. A player that is tarnished by the so-called Golden Generation that he was never a part of but stumbled into.

Sir Bobby Charlton was never a striker but still scored as many goals in 106 England appearances as Rooney. Gary Linker, a truly great striker, took 26 less games to score 49 than Rooney.
Moving on, Delph was and is, so overrated.