Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3319 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Man City putting a marker down here.
I have to say Liverpool did so well to hang around as long as they did. They're not on Arsenal or City's level. I don't think they've blown anyone away in the league this year, certainly not in 2024. They don't control games and they've looked very fragile in recent weeks.

I think we'll be among the top 3 next year because we have similar qualities to City and Arsenal. The next step for us cutting out silly goals and not letting teams back into games. We've scored 4 less than Liverpool but their GD is +20, if we can maintain the goalscoring and cut out stupid goals we're going places.

I'd love to know what Jack thinks he adds to a game these days, just a waste of space
I still feel Jacks not to old to move away from City and start again somewhere else. You don't just lose what he has. Unless of course there are outside influences on his game, but only he would know that. Waste of a bloody great talent whatever.

I still feel Jacks not to old to move away from City and start again somewhere else. You don't just lose what he has. Unless of course there are outside influences on his game, but only he would know that. Waste of a bloody great talent whatever.
I just don't know where he'd get the motivation from, would he listen to Unai? Maybe if John and Tyrone are in his ear.

Then again is like when you move away for 10 years and when you come back everyone has a family and nobody has time to go for an afternoon pint? You haven't really grown up but all your mates are different people.

That would be my fear with bringing him back. The realization that the place he left didn't stay exactly the same and he is a fish out of water. Or worse yet he tries to bring things back to the way they were and tries to drag down others around him.

I'd hate it but Spurs would be the best place for him. Ange would let him be a maverick but it could also be a disaster with the bright london lights. Don Carlo's Madrid is another but where would he fit? He isn't better than Jude or Vini.

I just don't know where he'd get the motivation from, would he listen to Unai? Maybe if John and Tyrone are in his ear.

Then again is like when you move away for 10 years and when you come back everyone has a family and nobody has time to go for an afternoon pint? You haven't really grown up but all your mates are different people.

That would be my fear with bringing him back. The realization that the place he left didn't stay exactly the same and he is a fish out of water. Or worse yet he tries to bring things back to the way they were and tries to drag down others around him.

I'd hate it but Spurs would be the best place for him. Ange would let him be a maverick but it could also be a disaster with the bright london lights. Don Carlo's Madrid is another but where would he fit? He isn't better than Jude or Vini.
It's a good post mate, but I didn't suggest he come too us. It's just grieves me when players with special skills don't use them. He could still have a 3/4 year contract somewhere. Not even sure if he's looked after his finances. Wouldn't surprise me if he was skint apart from next months wages. I can't see a future at City whatever.

If Unai thinks he's good enough he may go for him, but sorry to say the days of Jack have gone in. It's never the same when they come back.

This is the main thing, I have complete faith in our world class manager, if he wants to keep Zaniolo, and offers Olsen a new 6 year deal then that's fine by me.

If Unai thinks Jack can be part of the plan going forward then I would be more than happy to see him back in a Villa shirt.