Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3175 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Man Utd have been pathetic other than the first 20 minutes. Ferguson must watch this lot and squirm in his seat. They’ve reminded me today of the dark days when we were shite. Somehow get an early goal then sit deep and hope the inevitable doesn’t happen when most of the time it then did. Effectively 12 points in front of them now with just eleven to play. Top 5….you can’t bet against us!
I do find it funny that Eric has just decided these are shite and he has to play on the break 😂

I just can’t decide if he is right or if they’re shite because of him too. In some ways I get it. I slag of Ange for not adapting but Eric is adapting because you can’t okay a modern high press with Bruno and Rashford.

I dunno. Can’t figure out if he is right or wrong. All I know is he is nothing like Emery and nowhere near his level.

Much top bantz at a Manure supporting acquaintance this evening. Started with some texts from me saying they are not even the best club in Manchester but at least you have some senile old bloke on board now who is muttering away about building a Wembley in the north.

Then it went to him saying they should be looking at De Zerbi next to which after a tsunami of laughing emojis from me I replied actually De Zerbi would be a perfect fit as he also has managerial experience of teams that get their arses handed to them by the mighty Fulham.:rofl::ROFLMAO::wahey:

Would love to see what he was like under 6 months of Unai.
I used to think that but he seems more Gabby than Grealish. Mr. Manchester United still isn't arsed to work hard for his team and that is a minimum requirement in Unai's team.

If I were Leon Bailey or Ollie Watkins and Rashford rocked up on the same wage or more I'd be absolutely fuming.

You’d think he’d lie low for a while and sort his footballing career out, rather than go on national TV at whatever wanky awards that is. He’s another low IQ footballer who will do what his agent wants him to do.
It was The Brits and I had the utter misfortune to watch a bit because the junior had it on.

Absolute fucking car crash. Seriously, in a way i’d recommend watching it to see how bad it was. From the presenters to the alleged music stars getting their awards. Cringe worthy.

Is Vincent Kompany really trying to suggest they’re where they are because of poor refereeing decisions? No doubt they’ve had a few go against them, we all have, but they’re just absolutely shite
Leicester will be an interesting watch next year when another of Peps disciples steps up to the big leagues.

Vince is no doubt part of the issue given the work Rob Edwards is doing with an "inferior team" and severe lack of resources. They really have to question the recruitment choices tho because very of those lads were on anyone radar. They bought a young, lightweight crop of lads with very little leadership or EPL experience. Your leaders would struggle to get into even the worst Premier League sides (Cullen, Brownhill and Charlie Taylor).

They'll probably yoyo right back up and if that was the plan you'd say "do better".

Is Vincent Kompany really trying to suggest they’re where they are because of poor refereeing decisions? No doubt they’ve had a few go against them, we all have, but they’re just absolutely shite

I watched that game yesterday. It's unusual for me to watch anything other than Villa games.

It was shocking to see how bad both sides were. There wasn't one decent player on the pitch. And to think, we were about that level under Slippy.

To be fair to Kompany I think they'd have been alright in this league had they kept most of the players who got them up.

Apparently they lost 80% - 90% of the team that got promoted and have just replaced them with dross that can't play the way Kompany wants them too.

A lot of the loan players left coz they haggled over the fees to make the deals permanent then ended up signing dross like Ramsey for good money instead.

So for me, the board is to blame rather than Kompany.

Found the stats on Pep frustrating yesterday, most derby wins of any Utd manager, most points per game of any PL manage - 2.37 points per game, or something around that. Ok, all good. But how about spend stats to explain the brilliance? Not really said in a salty way either, but it would make it a bit clearer why some managers are so high up in those sorts of stats, and could also highlight the brilliance of some of the managers who get feck all to spend and still do well. And again, not salty, as Villa haven't exactly been low spenders over the years (despite the net result of late, until Unai, being mediocrity).

Found the stats on Pep frustrating yesterday, most derby wins of any Utd manager, most points per game of any PL manage - 2.37 points per game, or something around that. Ok, all good. But how about spend stats to explain the brilliance? Not really said in a salty way either, but it would make it a bit clearer why some managers are so high up in those sorts of stats, and could also highlight the brilliance of some of the managers who get feck all to spend and still do well. And again, not salty, as Villa haven't exactly been low spenders over the years (despite the net result of late, until Unai, being mediocrity).

I fully agree. If I had 5 billion pounds and wanted to waste it on a football team, Pep is the man I'd want to spend it for me.

Still, questions hang over him because he has only ever done it at mega rich clubs who were already top dogs in their league.

I'd love to see what he could do with Sheffield Wednesday.

To be fair to Kompany I think they'd have been alright in this league had they kept most of the players who got them up.

Apparently they lost 80% - 90% of the team that got promoted and have just replaced them with dross that can't play the way Kompany wants them too.

A lot of the loan players left coz they haggled over the fees to make the deals permanent then ended up signing dross like Ramsey for good money instead.

So for me, the board is to blame rather than Kompany.
He's just bad , Kompany.

BOOM.

I fully agree. If I had 5 billion pounds and wanted to waste it on a football team, Pep is the man I'd want to spend it for me.

Still, questions hang over him because he has only ever done it at mega rich clubs who were already top dogs in their league.

I'd love to see what he could do with Sheffield Wednesday.
Surely you'd be after a Stevie G, OGS, Rooney type top drawer star manager if you wanted to waste your £5 Bill combined with a Boehly style transfer spunkfest.
I'd image at a sheff weds Pep (or bingo or Unai) would get them promoted and maybe hang in the lower reaches of the prem for a season or two before any decent players are swiped.

think we are slightly ahead of city on net transfer spend over the last 5 yrs let alone chelsea, arse or of course Man U

I always think that with two of our previous managers the money came the wrong way round.

I think O'Leary would have done much better had had the money O'Neill had - he did ok at Leeds with the mega bucks they spent at the time.

Inversely, O'Neill would have been better without the money. He could get a tune out of 'lesser' players but once he started buying in the costlier ones, with their experience/egos (call it what you want) it started to go tits up for him.