Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3036 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

The word on the street is that SHA want Jesse Marsch as their next manger.
I've heard similar about Gary Rowett and Tony Mowbray this morning.
Some Noses I know seem to think they can get Steve Cooper. Surely he holds out for a better job than that, he's only been out of work a couple of weeks. Mind you Swansea fans thought he was shit so there's no guarantees with any manager

As I always say, the fixation on ex players as pundits is odd. Their employers think it adds legitimacy but instead you just get guys who show up on the day with zero research and sprout off 'in my day' bollocks. I'd much rather there be more journalists and I don't mean the wankers who write for the tabloids.
The best analyst they had was Liam Rosenior. No surprise he is back in management and doing very well.

There was a clip of him years ago questioning Bruce and what he was trying to do with us. He himself couldn’t understand it.

I've heard similar about Gary Rowett and Tony Mowbray this morning.
Some Noses I know seem to think they can get Steve Cooper. Surely he holds out for a better job than that, he's only been out of work a couple of weeks. Mind you Swansea fans thought he was shit so there's no guarantees with any manager
Cooper can wait for a Prem job. That Palace one has his name all over it. Potter can get a Prem job too. In all honesty who wants a job where your local rivals are managed by an absolute beast. I think you’re only getting someone like Mowbray.

The best analyst they had was Liam Rosenior. No surprise he is back in management and doing very well.

There was a clip of him years ago questioning Bruce and what he was trying to do with us. He himself couldn’t understand it.

Yeah he was always a reasonable pundit who was left covering the championship because he wasn't a big enough name. I remember that Bruce comment as well, genuinely felt like he was the only pundit who could see what the fans saw.

He was also Rooneys assistant at Derby and apparently did everything behind the scenes. Derby would have stayed up if not for the huge points deduction and Rooney was thought to have done a good job. After the hash he's made of the blues job and the good job Rosenior is doing at Hull I can well believe he was the main reason derby looked half coherent that season.

Cooper can wait for a Prem job. That Palace one has his name all over it. Potter can get a Prem job too. In all honesty who wants a job where your local rivals are managed by an absolute beast. I think you’re only getting someone like Mowbray.
I was in a shop yesterday and two baggies fans down here on holiday were having a conversation about wanting rid of the present manager and getting Tony Mowbray in Fifth in the table. Isn't that what they did with Darren Moore, and look what happened after that.

Wasn't paying that much attention, but didn't they start the season reasonably well under Eustace? Presumably the Rooney appointment was little more than new owner hubris. You reap what you sow.

Wasn't paying that much attention, but didn't they start the season reasonably well under Eustace? Presumably the Rooney appointment was little more than new owner hubris. You reap what you sow.

They were 6th under Eustace when they sacked him, great decision.

But didn't they do that before? Wasn't Rowett doing well when they sacked him too?