Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1628 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I see Rafa is under pressure. I thought they were doing well until all of their players got injured.

Amazingly they were unbeaten and pushing the top 4 when we beat them at VP. They've massively overspent on bang average players for a few years now and cant spend their way out of this mess due to FFP apparently.

Amazingly they were unbeaten and pushing the top 4 when we beat them at VP. They've massively overspent on bang average players for a few years now and cant spend their way out of this mess due to FFP apparently.
Worrying to see their plight after we've just flushed £95 million down the pan on Emi (where can I hide to ensure I can't receive a pass) Buendia, Leon (injured again) Bailey & Ings.

Worrying to see their plight after we've just flushed £95 million down the pan on Emi (where can I hide to ensure I can't receive a pass) Buendia, Leon (injured again) Bailey & Ings.

Yeah but they've spent around £400m+ over the last few seasons and haven't made any progress at all. Its certainly been a slow start for our 3 signings, but I'm not writing off a lad who hasnt been fully fit since we signed him, Ings is a proven PL goalscorer we just need to use him in the right way. Buendia! Well I think there was way too much hype about his stats beforehand, but he does show flashes of quality so hoping the new coaching staff can get him more involved.

Buendia has shown more than the others IMO. I'm hoping Wednesday was a bit of a turning point. Some moments of great quality but also a better workrate and attitude in general. I think he will thrive under SG.

Bailey doesn't look up to the task IMO but I'm hopeful he will come good if he can ever get fit. It's just his lack of workrate off the ball and consistently bad decision making on it which concerns me the most.

Ings reminds me a bit of Hogan, lacking service but never really getting into good positions regardless of that.

I absolutely agree the money could have been spent better.

Buendia has shown more than the others IMO. I'm hoping Wednesday was a bit of a turning point. Some moments of great quality but also a better workrate and attitude in general. I think he will thrive under SG.

Bailey doesn't look up to the task IMO but I'm hopeful he will come good if he can ever get fit. It's just his lack of workrate off the ball and consistently bad decision making on it which concerns me the most.

Ings reminds me a bit of Hogan, lacking service but never really getting into good positions regardless of that.

I absolutely agree the money could have been spent better.
In hindsight things can almost always be done better but if there was such a thing as a nailed on signing no one would ever sign anyone duff. I don't think anyone expected Ings, for example, to do anything other than bang them in.

How much of a risk did we take with our signings though this summer?

Granted, the three players that we signed moved for big money (relative to where we are at the moment as a club), and they arguably haven't produced. But overall, we spent less than we earned.

Couldn't agree more , whoever came up with the plan to sign those 3 for that money needs sacking (1 or 2 may have already been fired)

I well remember people on here wanted us to sign Onomah permanently after his first two games, I never did see anything in him and eventually neither has anyone else

I know what you mean. I didn't fancy him from the start either.

I'm always suspicious of player who want to play "in the hole". Big Ron used to call it the cheating position. If you are getting the luxury of playing there, you need to be providing goals and assists in every game, otherwise you are dead weight.

Watching the Coventry v WBA game. Nice to see Coventry wearing such a traditional home kit however, is there a more boring kit in football?