Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1630 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Very level headed type of chap from the tone of that, and other interviews I have heard.
I would have been happy with Potter.
The problem nowadays is loss of Premier league status is massive financially so a gamble is less likely.
That said Gerrard is a gamble, I didn't want him, but you won't hear any complaints from me if it doesn't work out for the kid.
Very early days, but he has bought something to the table, we look more organised, we are playing as a unit, there is a belief that was lacking for a while previously.
Time will tell

Ah bless Newcastle. So excited for their first win. Their fans in the background on the radio after the final whistle. :rofl:

Even a broken clock is right twice a day lads. :loser:

Turned it off. Boring , training match.

Citeh are dull, the premier league is dull when it’s like this .

Every game they play it's like a kickabout in the park, I'm glad it's not just me that finds them boring. It's like watching a cat playing with a mouse only one winner unless something distracts the cat and the mouse gets away , that doesn't happen very often

Every game they play it's like a kickabout in the park, I'm glad it's not just me that finds them boring. It's like watching a cat playing with a mouse only one winner unless something distracts the cat and the mouse gets away , that doesn't happen very often
Yes, someone on here said that even their fans look bored watching the inevitable win.
I can understand that, because it's supposed to be a contest, but all too often it's a procession.

Some fabulous moments of play, but that's what highlights are for.

Had City on the comp and Yeovil/Stevenage on the TV and I missed two of City's goals as I forgot it was on lol

I wonder what will happen when Pip Gladioli goes and the new manager comes in with the same players but not the same coaching style?

Perhaps he'll realise what he had here. Though I suspect not. I don't get why they've signed him and are trying to turn him into something else. Why not just buy that type of player in the first place?

They wanted the dream of having a home-grown player, one of their own, with silky skills who could light up any match. Being gaudy, classless wankers, they decided to buy someone else's.

They didn't need him or even want him. They just didn't want anyone else to have him.

The disappointing thing is that Greasy must have known this and still left his boyhood club for the bench at Citeh.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen when Pip Gladioli goes and the new manager comes in with the same players but not the same coaching style?
I have heard a rumour that Guardiola is going to be the next Walsall manager so that he can earn the right to be called the "best manager in the world" by taking the Saddlers to the Champions League and to be one of the next members of the ESL. Apparently, he hates being referred to as a 'chequebook manager' and is determined to show that he can win things with free transfers and loans.
Watch out - incoming pig with wings.🤣😂

The disappointing thing is that Greasy must have known this and still left his boyhood club for the bench at Citeh.

I think he was purchased more for commercial reasons. He’s the second coming of Beckham but even less well spoken (said in jest of course). The problem is I don’t know how you can be a cultural icon without playing and without being somewhat important.

Beckham was somewhat important and he was effective. I don’t know if YKW is any of those things for City. And whatever about United but they were never soulless. City are the commercialization of football. City have even legitimized Chelsea.

Not even PSG have accelerated the destruction of football in the way City have. What’s crazy is this has all happened with a manager at the helm who would tell you he is a romantic. Yet he has turned beauty into machinery. His passion is a passion of efficiency and work ethic. Yet it is the German, Klopp who seems the romantic and spirit of the game. The irony, it’s Klopp who will give the opposition at least the perception of a chance. From the outset when you play Peps team there seems like no hope.

I feel like Liverpool play with true passion and Klopp offers the spirit of competition. Pep seems like he’d strip the game of all emotion and pull apart anything other than his interpretation of what football is. He’d have had Marv sent off for that tackle on Aguero at Wembley. And what a travesty because I think 95% of us here grew up with a game where Marv would be applauded for that level of commitment and desire to win.