Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 688 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Man U, Man C and Liverpool are apparently battling it out to sign Aston Villa midfield star Carney Chukwuemeka.

WHO? No, me neither. 16-year old, apparently rated.

World Cup 2022 in Qatar: New bribe and corruption claims from US prosecutors
Sky Sports News has contacted Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 for reaction to indictment

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ibe-and-corruption-claims-from-us-prosecutors
Good, but depressing article.
This is like a sub plot to the brilliant Ozark many of us are watching at the moment.
Money laundering, shell companies, systemic corruption, kick backs, the FBI.
I am getting to the point now where I actually want it all to implode, the the whole rotten lot to collapse.

Qatar is pretty much a theocracy and it's legal system strongly implements Sharia Law. They also used slaves, primarily from Sri-Lanka, Nepal and India. to build the stadia for this wretched tournament. It's hard to quantify how many died but the Nepalese government believe that approximately 1500 of their own people died.

It's a truly disgusting country which should never in a million years have been awarded the World Cup.

Last edited:
Last night I watched from the 2013/14 season: Real Madrid 3 Barcelona 4.

Brilliant game with some wonderful skills and dreadful cheating.

Strangely enough, the worst cheat on the pitch was Gareth Bale:rolleyes:

Wonder how Kenny got a test if he is asymptotic. Hopefully he wasn't in hospital for other reasons, think (?) he had heart problems some years back.

Can't wait for these tests to finally get rolled out properly. I want confirmation I've had it, I want a certificate and to be able to come onto here and look down on you all from my virus free high horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bull:

Wonder how Kenny got a test if he is asymptotic. Hopefully he wasn't in hospital for other reasons, think (?) he had heart problems some years back.

Can't wait for these tests to finally get rolled out properly. I want confirmation I've had it, I want a certificate and to be able to come onto here and look down on you all from my virus free high horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bull:
I'd read he was in for something else and was tested at that time. I've also read today that he has been released from hospital, so hopefully all good.

Edit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52260490

Apparently he had an unrelated infection of some sort.

Apparently he had an unrelated infection of some sort.[/QUOTe. Kenny Dalgleish,best player ever seen at Villa Park? Those of us of a certain age have seen many great players. Cruyff,Beckenbauer,Pele, Moore, Charlton, Best,law,Matthews,Finney and our own two Irishmen,Macparland and McGrath. If l had to choose one,I'd go for King Kenny. As a defender,at a modest level,he must have been a nightmare. Even when we beat the Scousers in our glory championship season,he was class.

RIP Peter Bonetti. Great keeper. Saw him quite a lot when I was in London in the 1960s; Chelsea was just down the road. Unfairly blamed for the England's loss to W. Germany in the 1970 world cup. Nickname The Cat was apt.