Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 689 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Newcastle set to be taken over and have massive investment, bye-bye, Steve Bruce
Waiting for the Geordie loving media to get going on this one , oh by the way massive investment isn't allowed as we have found out

Brilliant.
As people die all over the world. As the world stands on the edge of a financial crises, a football club is sold for 300 million
Classy as ever football. Classy as ever Mike Ashley. I'm sure there is something that he is taking advantage of with the current climate to get this through.

If I was the premier league I would be telling them to all jog on. This isn't the time to be doing this with clubs likely to be going to the wall all over.

Yep billionaires don't get to be billionaires by giving money away for nothing in return
A contract is a contract. I wonder where the money would go if it didn’t go to players. Locked away in some reserves? At least by paying salaries some tax is being payed.

Brilliant.
As people die all over the world. As the world stands on the edge of a financial crises, a football club is sold for 300 million
Classy as ever football. Classy as ever Mike Ashley. I'm sure there is something that he is taking advantage of with the current climate to get this through.

If I was the premier league I would be telling them to all jog on. This isn't the time to be doing this with clubs likely to be going to the wall all over.
I‘ve always wondered why Newcastle are worth 300 when Villa traded at 60. Very odd. It’s a buyers market at the moment so can’t see how Ashley could be taking advantage of it.

A contract is a contract. I wonder where the money would go if it didn’t go to players. Locked away in some reserves? At least by paying salaries some tax is being payed.

Good point and I don't see people earning far more than footballers being called out to fund the NHS, people, in general, are out for as much as they can get.

There are probably less than 100 English players in the PL and the majority of English players are at the bottom end of it. Those in the England side will be on silly money the rest not so much but still silly money to what we get
Foreign players are here for one reason they get more money than they would elsewhere and they aren't going to give it up to the NHS when their own countries and families are also struggling.

I was trying to think of an English player on big money abroad paying his money into a Spanish health fund but there aren't any, Bale being Welsh and most likely seeing his parents ok back in Wales.

No condoning footballers at all but there are many billionaires in the UK who have far more than the millions a few footballers have

Good point and I don't see people earning far more than footballers being called out to fund the NHS, people, in general, are out for as much as they can get.

There are probably less than 100 English players in the PL and the majority of English players are at the bottom end of it. Those in the England side will be on silly money the rest not so much but still silly money to what we get
Foreign players are here for one reason they get more money than they would elsewhere and they aren't going to give it up to the NHS when their own countries and families are also struggling.

I was trying to think of an English player on big money abroad paying his money into a Spanish health fund but there aren't any, Bale being Welsh and most likely seeing his parents ok back in Wales.

No condoning footballers at all but there are many billionaires in the UK who have far more than the millions a few footballers have

Sancho at Dortmund.

This could be "Billionaire Stan Kroenke doesn't want to pay employees".
Without looking at the specifics it's likely that his own wealth has dropped massively, maybe by a few billion if his value is derived largely from asset classes which are tanking at the moment (e.g. his own companies, current investments in equities, property etc).

Ultimately Arsenal FC is business and with enormous drops in income it's perfectly reasonable to investigate pay cuts. An owner shouldn't have to draw down his own wealth to make up the short fall. Uniquely rich individuals such as footballers should be able to take a temporary pay cut.

and he'll be moving to the PL for guess what more money

Well who knows, clubs may not be able to offer the silly money for wages in the near future let alone the transfer fee. Anyway, there are other English players abroad but none of note to be honest other than Sancho. There’s also Aaron Ramsey at Juve but of course he’s Welsh too.

I saw something yesterday about Aubameyang, at the time he went to Dortmund there was also an offer from Newcastle which offered substantially more money. He chose Dortmund on the advice of his dad because of Jurgen Klopp and his style of football which would be better for his development.