Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 554 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Watford about to sack their manager apparently. This is the guy they sacked a year or so back then rehired a couple of months ago.

I didn’t realise it was a two year aim 😉

Small steps in the right direction are the way forward. If we finish 10th this season, and 14th the following season - Smith gets pressure from the fans and in most clubs probably a 50% chance of being sacked.

We had a big debate on here whether we would even stay up, a fair few members had lost all hope in October. We’ll stay up and I don’t care where, the only thing I won’t enjoy is the stress of it if it’s touch and go

The pressure in that scenario, on Smith, would be from Smith himself and the hierarchy. We aren't here to go backwards. I know what you are saying, but all I'm saying is the stated aim isn't 17th. That though, I would take right now, as I am yet to have the faith we aren't in the mix to go down, although I my hope is growing there are worse, with Watford already looking in a world of trouble.

Oh, just realised what thread we are in. Not sure why this became about us up or down.

Back on topic Fear and others!

What sort of lunatic would want to take over at Watford? Guaranteed to be sacked, the current guy only just went in and the guy before him was sacked about 5 matches into the season. Their chaos certainly helps us out though. Is Remi Garde available?

I actually don’t have an issue with the penalty retake, no one should be encroaching into the box at a penalty - if he’d scored it would also needed retaking. It’s not open to interpretation and is one of the examples of VAR being used well in my opinion.

As well as the encroachment, Krul did not have either foot on the goal line so VAR got it right for once. Arsenal are a joke so I think Norwich will get at least one more. All getting very tight at the bottom.

It looks a real relegation game, two teams full of mistakes.
It’s a pity the arse game couldn’t be played now as I’m sure we would beat them easily.

Yes, fair enough, but Arsenal players also encroached, players always have. Just doesn't feel like live football anymore.