Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 553 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

As far as beating the teams around us, which is what we should be doing, we have a 100% record against those we've played in the bottom 6.

But those around are picking up points against the so called top clubs and we're not.

Newcastle would be bottom if they hadn't beaten Spurs and Utd, and taken a point from City.

EDIT: They would be 2nd bottom. Obviously I'm having a hard time reading tables today :lol:

4th from bottom is the goal, if achieved fantastic as opposed to liquidation.

4th from bottom is not the goal, 4th from bottom is the minimum requirement.

Not being pedantic, but the owners, CEO and manager would all tell you the same that they didn't set the goal this season of just hanging on, they want to start pushing on.

Not being pedantic, but the owners, CEO and manager would all tell you the same that they didn't set the goal this season of just hanging on, they want to start pushing on.

Surely though 4th from bottom is progress one way or another, it’s a big delay in the overall aim if we get relegated.

I see nothing wrong with 4th from bottom this season, as long as we push on and build next season.

I hope we don’t aim for 4th from bottom because if you miss that aim, you are relegated. If we aim for mid table but end up 17th, that’s fine by me for this season.

Yep, Purslow even said as near to 7th as possible, the aim is not about just avoiding relegation.
He's a smarmy beggar but I agree with his aims, he has more ambition than some of our own fans.

Yep, Purslow even said as near to 7th as possible, the aim is not about just avoiding relegation.
He's a smarmy beggar but I agree with his aims, he has more ambition than some of our own fans.

Well he is going to be disappointed. We will get nowhere near 7th based on the season so far.

Well he is going to be disappointed. We will get nowhere near 7th based on the season so far.

The Top 4 are way ahead but the rest are much of a muchness all depends on our luck changing a Deano learning to take points away from home , I think we could finish anywhere as long as Jack stays fit and that's a big ask

Surely though 4th from bottom is progress one way or another, it’s a big delay in the overall aim if we get relegated.

I see nothing wrong with 4th from bottom this season, as long as we push on and build next season.

I hope we don’t aim for 4th from bottom because if you miss that aim, you are relegated. If we aim for mid table but end up 17th, that’s fine by me for this season.

Didn't say it wasn't fine dude,as a minimum aim. The very least expected. But its not the stated aim and ambition from those at the top.

4th from bottom means we stay in the Premier league, that's what I meant about it being the goal. The investment in the squad will be covered by remaining in this division and for me would be fantastic following on from last year.

In which case I guess they'll be backing that aim with serious transfer budgets in the next window and the one after. Bargain hunting isn't going to do it if they are serious.

It looks like FFP is going to go but while it remains, that limits our spending. Even if it goes, there is no reason to believe that our owners are happy to bankroll the club.

So far, Smith has done an excellent job. Our signings this summer have been fantastic with one flaw. I'd rather Smith continued doing what he does best rather and keeping the club on a sustainable footing rather than going big on some duffers who are only here for the cash (Pires).

Didn't say it wasn't fine dude,as a minimum aim. The very least expected. But its not the stated aim and ambition from those at the top.

I didn’t realise it was a two year aim 😉

Small steps in the right direction are the way forward. If we finish 10th this season, and 14th the following season - Smith gets pressure from the fans and in most clubs probably a 50% chance of being sacked.

We had a big debate on here whether we would even stay up, a fair few members had lost all hope in October. We’ll stay up and I don’t care where, the only thing I won’t enjoy is the stress of it if it’s touch and go