Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 477 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

England won then .

Really enjoyed my evening ....

Clearing up the garden and going to Tesco instead.

Slightly off topic, the Tesco near me has discontinued muffins, not the cake ones the ones you can toast and put a bit of bacon/soft cheese on. I’m not sure if this is a national decision but the bird I spoke to said that I should write into Tesco to complain and get them back on the stock list

Slightly off topic, the Tesco near me has discontinued muffins, not the cake ones the ones you can toast and put a bit of bacon/soft cheese on. I’m not sure if this is a national decision but the bird I spoke to said that I should write into Tesco to complain and get them back on the stock list

That's not on.

We quite often have a bacon and egg muffin for a weekend treat breakfast.

MUFFINS OUT!

Why we continue to eat muffins when we have perfectly good crumpets sat on the bench is beyond me.
I like crumpet (OVB says in Robin Asquith voice from confessions of a door-to-door cucumber salesman flick)

Crumpets and muffins are readily available at my local Co-op, Lidel and Morrisons.
Never did care much for Tesco.

Anarcho-capitalists should be shopping at Waitrose Obviously Vexed Bourgeoisie Or even better stealing from Waitrose. :yes:

Hadn't won for 10 games so it says. They don't fuck about at Watford, do they? None of these give him til October stuff . It's certainly worked for them the last few years

The definition of ruthless and from what I can see they standalone in this regard.

I think they're one a handful of clubs who have a set of principals and act in line with those principals without second thought. They also never seem to be in turmoil and its a good question to ask; are they the only club who can build without management continuity? They sort of defy some of the basics we all typically think about when it comes to having a manager.

The biggest thing though is their goal and their definition of success is not the same as Aston Villa or even Newcastle. There isnt an expectation at Watford or dare I say even an ambition to challenge for even the Champions League. I think success for Watford is a top half finish well away from relegation and incrementally build over a much longer time frame than a club like ours.

I feel like if we finished 11th in our 3rd or 4th season inthe league we'd be building for Champions League in around 5 years. When I look at Watford I think they're looking as hard or harder in the rearview and aiming for Champions League in 10 years. Honestly its probably a better model to consolidate your position in the top 6-10 places over a 10 year period than taking a risk or two over 5 years but there is a danger of being left behind. At the end of the day the EPL is not going away it'll be here in 50 years so why not plan for it.

It worked for Swansea too until the Americans got involved.

The problem with Watford's approach is that the fans get bored of finishing 10th every season and demand the club shows some ambition with a marquee signing. Then you end up with players like Bojan and getting relegated.

The definition of ruthless and from what I can see they standalone in this regard.

I think they're one a handful of clubs who have a set of principals and act in line with those principals without second thought. They also never seem to be in turmoil and its a good question to ask; are they the only club who can build without management continuity? They sort of defy some of the basics we all typically think about when it comes to having a manager.

The biggest thing though is their goal and their definition of success is not the same as Aston Villa or even Newcastle. There isnt an expectation at Watford or dare I say even an ambition to challenge for even the Champions League. I think success for Watford is a top half finish well away from relegation and incrementally build over a much longer time frame than a club like ours.

I feel like if we finished 11th in our 3rd or 4th season inthe league we'd be building for Champions League in around 5 years. When I look at Watford I think they're looking as hard or harder in the rearview and aiming for Champions League in 10 years. Honestly its probably a better model to consolidate your position in the top 6-10 places over a 10 year period than taking a risk or two over 5 years but there is a danger of being left behind. At the end of the day the EPL is not going away it'll be here in 50 years so why not plan for it.
I can't agree with you on the prem league being around in 50 years as i believe it will self destruct due to its greed machine, biased favoritism for 6 clubs and alienating its home fanbase in preference to it's over seas asian market.
I honestly believe the on off euro elite league will take over leaving the rest of football to go the way of many like Bury or just ordinary leagues like Scottish football.
Every sport evolves and the big clubs are being looked after, even bending rules to keep them in the elite bracket.
we are just seen as another Watford by the top teams as we have no chance of entering or even being allowed to join the feast at the big boys table.
Asia will host more games as the.cash generated for a game like liverpool v Madrid or Barcelona v Man utd is way more than a game like Watford v Norwich could even make or ever market in Asia.
Football is good now but all leagues are going to fall away .look at the Italian and german leagues. No tv cash in those leagues apart from maybe 2 games.
greed will and is killing the game.