Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 478 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I've read that Mad Mick is going to play Howrahan at left-back, there you go yet another manager trying to shoehorn him into the side because he isn't good enough in his proper role.
I suggested this for Villa 2 years ago as a bit of a wind-up, and people immediately said he's not quick enough and he can't tackle etc.
You know those same people who want him at defensive midfield now.

In all honesty, he'd be as good as Taylor at defending and we'd still have his freekicks and corners

I've read that Mad Mick is going to play Howrahan at left-back, there you go yet another manager trying to shoehorn him into the side because he isn't good enough in his proper role.
I suggested this for Villa 2 years ago as a bit of a wind-up, and people immediately said he's not quick enough and he can't tackle etc.

In all honesty, he'd be as good as Taylor at defending and we'd still have his freekicks and corners
Think your wrong there 57, Hourihane is never as good as Neil Taylor as a defender. Maybe (and it's a big maybe from me), he could be accomodated in a back five with wing backs.

Anyone see the French balls up the Albanian National anthem?

The Albanians were all lined up ready to sing before the match and the stupid frogs played the Andorra national anthem instead.... from start to finish while the Albanians look very confused.

After a discussion with officials and the ref, they lined them up and played the correct National Anthem.... but not before first apologising to the 'Armenia' team, who had absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

Hillarious.

The definition of ruthless and from what I can see they standalone in this regard.

I think they're one a handful of clubs who have a set of principals and act in line with those principals without second thought. They also never seem to be in turmoil and its a good question to ask; are they the only club who can build without management continuity? They sort of defy some of the basics we all typically think about when it comes to having a manager.

The biggest thing though is their goal and their definition of success is not the same as Aston Villa or even Newcastle. There isnt an expectation at Watford or dare I say even an ambition to challenge for even the Champions League. I think success for Watford is a top half finish well away from relegation and incrementally build over a much longer time frame than a club like ours.

I feel like if we finished 11th in our 3rd or 4th season inthe league we'd be building for Champions League in around 5 years. When I look at Watford I think they're looking as hard or harder in the rearview and aiming for Champions League in 10 years. Honestly its probably a better model to consolidate your position in the top 6-10 places over a 10 year period than taking a risk or two over 5 years but there is a danger of being left behind. At the end of the day the EPL is not going away it'll be here in 50 years so why not plan for it.
Three top six finishes in a row with O'Neill and randy. Match day sell outs, European football.We all know what happened next. Difference between Villa and Watford is that we are a giant which has been run by incompetents and the hornets are a minnow run by competents.

The most successful English club for more than a decade has had a new manager nearly every season (Chelsea). It works! But I want Dean forever and always.

It seems to be an experiment out of necessity, as Ireland won't have a recognised left back for their next competitive game against Georgia, because Enda Stevens is suspended. And I'm sure Mick would like to try out some other midfielders anyway.

Might work, might not, it's what friendlies are for, and Mick has had eff all so far to experiment.

Just listened to Five live on the BBC bigging England up, saying lots of people think this is the year we finally win a top tournament.
What planet do they live on.
If Bulgaria possesed a half decent striker the other night it could have been very embarrasing, they had three or four decent chances and our defence looked all over the place when people ran at them.
Expanded format this year to include more useless teams and we will do our usual of winning the group by a country mile then losing to the first decent side we meet.

I genuinely couldn't give a shit about the England team. I'd rather have a pint with the Kosovo fans.

Just listened to Five live on the BBC bigging England up, saying lots of people think this is the year we finally win a top tournament.
What planet do they live on.
If Bulgaria possesed a half decent striker the other night it could have been very embarrasing, they had three or four decent chances and our defence looked all over the place when people ran at them.
Expanded format this year to include more useless teams and we will do our usual of winning the group by a country mile then losing to the first decent side we meet.

I said exactly the same in what must’ve been another thread. It’s embarrassing how overhyped we are because we do well in meaningless games.

As for Southgate the most overrated manager on the planet, he was being talked in the same bracket as some of Europe’s top managers after the word cup! Anyone could’ve done what Southgate did in the World Cup, even Steve Bruce.

Last edited:
? great start. They’re pressing high fair play to them! Usually these teams put 11 men behind the halls

How have we not filled the ground it’s only 30k? Surely the kids on the south coast would make the most of seeing the national team in a competitive match on their doorstep