Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 997 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I'm not sure Wayne Rooney has picked the best job to start his managerial career. Derby rooted to the bottom and still playing shit despite sacking their previous manager. Schteve McClaren helping out will no doubt just make things worse. Relegation to league 1 isnt going to look good on the CV
Poor Derby. Not sure how they're closer to league one than the premier league, always thought their recruitment was good, both managers and players. An owner happy to invest. Hope things pick up for them, too big for league one.

Poor Derby. Not sure how they're closer to league one than the premier league, always thought their recruitment was good, both managers and players. An owner happy to invest. Hope things pick up for them, too big for league one.

Lost Lampard and their 3 big loan players, their club Captain and leader of the field Keogh. Then brought in a manager who was a name and an over the hill Rooney on silly money. Didn't work out as well as Lampard and his Chelsea loans

Or Dean Smith.

Personally, I don’t think Smith can claim what Bielsa or Wilder has as we went up through the back door but equally he did that first time of asking.

Winning the championship is hardly ground breaking. It’s a poor league you just need to be consistent every three days

Personally, I don’t think Smith can claim what Bielsa or Wilder has as we went up through the back door but equally he did that first time of asking.

Winning the championship is hardly ground breaking. It’s a poor league you just need to be consistent every three days

Ha. It was tongue in cheek a bit , but I fail to see what makes Bielsa worthy of a nomination. Klopp has also been nominated so are they putting their achievements on the same scale ? Surely not.

Lost Lampard and their 3 big loan players, their club Captain and leader of the field Keogh. Then brought in a manager who was a name and an over the hill Rooney on silly money. Didn't work out as well as Lampard and his Chelsea loans

Yes. They were built on pillars of sand.

All about the exotic name. What’s he done that Chris Wilder didn’t at Sheff United?

It's how it works in England everything foreign is better than our own, We do like to bash our own people and products, if you don't it apparently makes you some sort of right-wing xenophobe.
Villa traditionally doesn't do Foreign managers but we were the first club to bring one in Vengloss. In a league with few British players, we have about 8 regular British starters. That won't get a mention for the fear of being un Politically correct.

I rate Bielsa but this is absolutely mental. No big deal getting Leeds promoted when they had one of the best squads, he failed the season before too. He now has them sitting 14th in the league. Hardly outstanding achievements.

I think that was last season. Can’t recall too many people calling for his head this season.
They're biding their time, waiting in the shadows, waiting for that FA Cup loss and bottom half of the table finish..

Haha I don't get all the fuss about Bielsa. Certainly wouldn't take him at Villa over Smith and co.

I think that was last season. Can’t recall too many people calling for his head this season.

I think there was after the two defeats and he's only 2 or 3 defeats off people wanting a "name". Football fans are that fickle. Let's be honest some didn't want him and are just lurking awaiting I told you so moment but even Jurgen Klopp will have those and even he and Pep will eventually get sacked. The days of SAF and Wenger have gone I think

They're biding their time, waiting in the shadows, waiting for that FA Cup loss and bottom half of the table finish..

Haha I don't get all the fuss about Bielsa. Certainly wouldn't take him at Villa over Smith and co.
No nor me. when Smith does go it has to be for a top class replacement.

[Sorry, wrong thread but that’s because I’m responding to comments made in this thread].

Wow. Sorry folks, I don’t buy that personally but that’s up to you.

I was a vocal critic of Deans last year and took the time to explain the basis and rationale for the specific criticisms I levelled against him. Before lockdown I wanted him replaced and stand by that because of results and performances at the time. I also stand by the fact that lockdown saved him.

However I credit him for using lockdown well, taking stock and changing his approach which ultimately kept us up.

This season with more experience, better playing staff and the strengthening of his coaching team he’s done great. I’ll still reserve the right to point out issues and criticise him constructively. He’s not perfect and the idea he is, is flawed. But the idea you can’t debate and point to his weaknesses (as well as strengths) is just daft.

To be clear, I’m not lying in wait for him to make mistakes and be proved right, I’m backing the guy to keep the run going, and to improve his own skills at the same time.

Others may vary, that’s up to them. Being ‘proved right’ on an internet fans forum, based upon on whether results go well, or badly, must be the thinnest and most pathetic form of self justification I can possibly imagine.