Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 989 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

So tonight's game at the Sty is one of those where you want neither team to win and even a draw would be too good. I hope that the teams kick lumps out of each other and have 4 sent off each side and the referee abandons the game to protect the safety of the officials.

The Scum playing away at the Sty, you couldn't make it up :rofl:

I heard stories of fans of the same side fighting each other when they met they were so desperate to fight, both scummy clubs with a lot of low lives.

Amazing how these players can treat England with contempt and still start the next international, over to you Pinocchio

If Southgate had any bollox he would bench Sterling for the next qualifier/tournament game (he wont be there for friendlies anyway). There is plenty of competition for the forward spots now and its the only way to stop players from the top 4/6 clubs repeatedly doing this. I know Giggs got away with it for 15-20 years, but Wales were pretty shit and he was their only top class player at the time

should be pretty much automatic that an 'injured' player is out of the next domestic/euro fixture if they withdraw/aren't available.

Jack and McGinn both feature towards the top end of most minutes racked up on this break for Prem players

I see Gabby has now started on the Newcastle faithful, it's not like we play them next home match after Brighton :slap: I mean slag them off after we've smashed them.

I don’t get all this shit with Gobby Gabby spouting off. The kids love it, but I’ve reached an age where I think it’s embarrassing. Fair enough for sticking up for players, but he’s only a tweet for ruining an association with the club if he says the wrong thing.

I heard stories of fans of the same side fighting each other when they met they were so desperate to fight, both scummy clubs with a lot of low lives.
Because Cov are the home side tonight Blues have the away dressing room. I wonder if Cov have turned the heating off in the away room. Bloody cold tonight.

I forgot then remembered and turned over to see what the score was, I t was half time and the pundits were trying to dress it up , but really they wanted to say it was dire.

I'm tempted to say any player who withdraws with 'injury' should automatically be ineligible for their next two club (a week) games to ensure they recover fully.

Then I remember it's absolutely retarded that a country can overrule players and an employer in the first place. Nowt wrong with Sterling/Rashford and the rest - it's about time we became cleverer and it's always been that way.

And it's down to our players to share that mindset. By all means, have respect and be proud and turn up for games that matter - have a sore cock or something for pointless friendlies and this Nations League bollocks.

I'm tempted to say any player who withdraws with 'injury' should automatically be ineligible for their next two club (a week) games to ensure they recover fully.

Then I remember it's absolutely retarded that a country can overrule players and an employer in the first place. Nowt wrong with Sterling/Rashford and the rest - it's about time we became cleverer and it's always been that way.

And it's down to our players to share that mindset. By all means, have respect and be proud and turn up for games that matter - have a sore cock or something for pointless friendlies and this Nations League bollocks.
The unfortunate situation that our lads (and those from the other less fashionable, non-media-darling clubs) have to face is the fear that they'll be overlooked if they don't do everything asked of them at international level.
Sterling and Rashford know they'll be selected and know they'll play even if they drop out every other match. And the media will back them and hammer the manager if they aren't selected. I remember seeing something written a few years ago that Giggs didn't play more than a handful of Wales' "non-competitive" matches through his entire career.
The part that annoys me is the dishonesty of it all. The only remedy is to make them ineligible for their next club game if, once selected, they withdraw from the national squad, for ANY reason other than a genuine emergency.

The problem with making them ineligible, is the managers of the club sides would just work into the hands of the big clubs again. Pep would love Sterling being ineligible for the away qualifier against the Macedonia’s of the world, and even playing less of a role in the major comp.

The money in the English domestic game doesn’t support the national game and even the interest in the national game from fans like me is far below that of my interest in my club side.

I saw a post on the socials where the Yanks think they can win the World Cup - the English fans were taking the piss, but a nation that puts their mind to it and has a poor domestic league, I reckon the US will win a World Cup before England next do.

Looking to see if Newcastle continue to show in the second half what they’ve become really good at for the past 15 months...drop deep, show little ambition, chance after chance for the opposition, generally be outplayed...and somehow scape a goal via a dodgy decision or lucky deflection....job done and somehow gaining another point or even more towards safety and keeping Mr Ashley happy. How Chelsea aren’t at least 3/4 up by now is anyone’s guess!