Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 461 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Sheffield Utd look like a team. We, maybe unsurprisingly, look like a bunch of individuals at the moment. Another difference is how quickly Sheffield Utd players are closing down the Palace players, giving them no time on the ball. As poor as Palace have been so far, a lot of that is down to the fitness and desire of the Sheffield Utd players.

Have they (Sheff Utd) made their pitch thinner or has it always been that way? Seems to be quite a bit of room between the far touch line and advertising hoardings

Norwich and Sheff. Utd. wins this weekend means we have to get something next Friday. I know it’s early but we can’t get left behind.

Norwich and Sheff. Utd. wins this weekend means we have to get something next Friday. I know it’s early but we can’t get left behind.
I agree hundred percent, look at Liverpool last season they only lost one game and still didn’t win the championship if we do not win this one I think we’re down or downabouts

Chelsea do not look like challenging the champions league spot, Leicester looked the fitter and sharper and were unlucky not to win based on that second half

Sheffield Utd look like a team. We, maybe unsurprisingly, look like a bunch of individuals at the moment. Another difference is how quickly Sheffield Utd players are closing down the Palace players, giving them no time on the ball. As poor as Palace have been so far, a lot of that is down to the fitness and desire of the Sheffield Utd players.

They brought in 8-10 players themselves though. A number of record signings not yet picking up significant minutes.

Dean Smith was in the stands at Bramhall Lane yesterday - obviously doing his homework on Woys boys for the 31st.

This is the tip of the iceberg I fear. So many Championship clubs in major debt - and we weren't far from extinction ourselves last year.
Yes its to be hoped that this does not in some way spark a domino effect, with the FA and EFL tightening up and actually enforcing existing regulation because as you say there must be so many clubs living way beyond their means.

Yes its to be hoped that this does not in some way spark a domino effect, with the FA and EFL tightening up and actually enforcing existing regulation because as you say there must be so many clubs living way beyond their means.
It might actually wake some people up if a couple of teams disappear. There is something wrong in our game when a state run club spends over a billion in a few years, bends most of rules and forces regular clubs to overspend because market conditions are warped.

It might actually wake some people up if a couple of teams disappear. There is something wrong in our game when a state run club spends over a billion in a few years, bends most of rules and forces regular clubs to overspend because market conditions are warped.
I take it you are talking about Real Madrid here. Yes they have taken impropriaty to another level, with the powers that be blatently turning a blind eye, and having done for years.
I was thinking of a more humble level, but yes the same could apply.