Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 3109 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

top 5 is fine if that gets Champions League. That will be a huge step for the club and allow us to push onto another level of growth

5th isn’t guaranteed given Man U and Newcastle went out of Europe altogether at the group stage, I think atm it’s going elsewhere. For 5th the English clubs left in Europe (including Villa) need to go far to get more points on the board to improve the coefficient.

top 5 is fine if that gets Champions League. That will be a huge step for the club and allow us to push onto another level of growth

If the Premier league has a high enough coefficient at the end of the season then 5th will get champions league. I recall the Sky lot saying there was a 77% probability that it would be.

English clubs are currently the favourites in all 3 UEFA competitions currently so I don't see why it can't happen. Though we might be in the rough situation of having to cheer on City or Liverpool in the Champions league and Europa.

That Manure celebration was super cringy. Their younger players look great but do look lightweight. Be interesting if they can keep it up.
T-shirts with that pic selling from the club shop from tomorrow - wonder which rag will have it on the back page, probably all of em

Chelsea's wage bill is £400M. They have around £150m a year in amortised transfers to go on that. They also have around £100m in operating costs.

Their turnover is £500m.

They tried to flog Gallagher and Broja in the window to cover £100m of their P&S breech but they couldn't find buyers.

They have basically loaded themselves up to be in breach of the P&S and FFP for the next 7 years.

Fire sale at Chelsea!

The idea that Poch is a bad manager seems to be gaining traction but I don't think it's correct. Chelsea are basically unmanageable. They have a rag tag bunch of promising youngsters. That's not a recipe for PL success. Potter couldn't get anything out of them. Poch can't get anything out of them. The next fella won't do any better.

When those kids get to 24 years old, they might make a decent team but who knows.

Not many players you'd want from them . Palmer maybe .
Id take palmer, chillwell, fernandez and nkunku. Honestly outside of that i cant think of many others. I wouldnt even take chuck back as he wouldnt get in our midfield

Chelsea really are fucked. If arsenal and citeh didnt bail them out over the last few windows with signing players off them. They would be totally screwed

Chelsea are going to be facing oblivion soon. Barcelona are in a similar situation where they are permanently in a fire sale situation but Barcelona have been able to dial in favours from the Spanish government and a string of dodgy sponsorship deals. Even with all that, the net tightened and they are having to undergo a hard reset this summer.

Chelsea will have less places to go. Their brand has been massively eroded. I think they are looking at likely relegation within the next 5-6 years as they go bust and face significant points reductions. I can't wait to see it.