Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1614 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Whether we like it or not, everyone outside of Villa will see Man City as a step up from us. Playing Champions league is what all the players want now and unfortunately we are a long way off that

Of course they are but Jack is allegedly dyed in the wool villa and could have taken us there but he's PlayStation generation

Hope we have enough class not to boo him if he does appear. Villa a massive club but not with small minded supporters I hope. Would be happy seeing him play as they seem worse when he does. He’s certainly struggling to live up to his promise and may even be wishing he’d stayed on despite the riches and silverware coming his way.
I'll boo his every touch and he deserves it, never done that before but he has really pissed me off

Of course they are but Jack is allegedly dyed in the wool villa and could have taken us there but he's PlayStation generation

Sorry but its nothing to do with Playstation generation. He's joined a club who've been the most successful in the country over the last 10 years or so. He's virtually guaranteed to win medals by going there.
We're a minimum of 5 years off being able to seriously challenge for champions league spots let alone the league title, and by that point he would be towards the end of his career. And 5 years is probably me being a bit optimistic, as its probably going to cost another £400m+ and a bit of luck in getting most transfers right.
I certainly wont be booing Jack either, I wont be cheering and applauding him, I'll just treat him like any other player. Always think its ridiculous when I hear other clubs having a meltdown about ex-players. The club is bigger than them

All these players want to play in the CL, but in all honesty the competition is a lower standard than the PL.
This is what gets me this CL business 4 of the last 16 are English teams probably 4 of the last 8 will be so where is the challenge, some of the clubs in there are there just to make up the numbers.
Drives me nuts people can't see it , that the football they watch every week in the PL or Championship is far better

Sorry but its nothing to do with Playstation generation. He's joined a club who've been the most successful in the country over the last 10 years or so. He's virtually guaranteed to win medals by going there.
We're a minimum of 5 years off being able to seriously challenge for champions league spots let alone the league title, and by that point he would be towards the end of his career. And 5 years is probably me being a bit optimistic, as its probably going to cost another £400m+ and a bit of luck in getting most transfers right.
I certainly wont be booing Jack either, I wont be cheering and applauding him, I'll just treat him like any other player. Always think its ridiculous when I hear other clubs having a meltdown about ex-players. The club is bigger than them

Up to you mate he's getting it with both barrels, what next cheering him when he scores like some 6 year old

I hope Matty snaps him in half right on the halfway line so I get a good views, this is totally different to Gareth and Jimmy Milner two legends for me

They’re all bloody mates these days, when one of them has an irrelevant birthday it’s all over social media from the other. Hope Cashy does smash him and ruin his season but I used to cause a lot of trouble for wanting and trying to snap players when I played so I’m probably not the best gauge of how to behave on the pitch in these situations :guns:

Actually did an interview for a reporter yesterday, about what sort of reception he will get. I said a lot of fans are ambivalent, some hero worshipped him and feel let down, so might well boo, if he started kissing the badge or celebrated too much scoring, he'd get it with all barrels but I very much doubt that he would celebrate.

Also said we got the better end of the deal.

Actually did an interview for a reporter yesterday, about what sort of reception he will get. I said a lot of fans are ambivalent, some hero worshipped him and feel let down, so might well boo, if he started kissing the badge or celebrated too much scoring, he'd get it with all barrels but I very much doubt that he would celebrate.

You're letting this celebrity status take over JF :wagging:

I didn't want him to go but looking at the situation now, I think we did get the better end of the deal.

I get the feeling he's going to end up a Newcastle soon enough, carrying the excuse of an injury to mask his partying and celebrity lifestyle.

Spot on. Would have thought the hero-worshippers had recovered their equilibrium by now.