Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 140 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Reports that Ronaldo is joining Juve for a fee of £105m. That's a hell of a lot for a 33-year-old. Juve must be confident of shifting a serious number of Ronaldo shirts.

10th richest club in the world so I’m sure they can afford him. Have more fans outside of Turin than in Turin and are hated by all those in Italy who don’t support them, like an Italian Man Utd basically with less revenue. There’ll be a good few extra shirts sold with his name on the back and who knows, they might even go one step further and finally win the Champions league again, very strong side.

Blues still under a transfer embargo due to FFP. The transfer of Pederson in doubt according to report. Could be fake news I suppose.

How on earth do Juve get round FFP !?

They sell out every match, win the league every season, reach the later stages of the champions league every season and the wage bill there is probably less than clubs like arsenal and Liverpool bar a few stars. Don't forget they also picked up pogba on a free then sold him for 90m a few years later as well.

I am also sure a player like Ronaldo will massively increase commercial revenue pretty much overnight with sponsorship deals and merchandise sales

He will indeed. When he signed for Madrid they claimed he'd recouped his transfer fee just in shirt sales within a year.

I'd forgotten Juve are owned by the Agnelli family who own Fiat cars amongst other things . I can now understand that £105m for Ronaldo is literally loose change for them

Blues still under a transfer embargo due to FFP. The transfer of Pederson in doubt according to report. Could be fake news I suppose.

Yep, just read that. There are worse things than FFP. Would rather stick with what we've got than sell our best to meet FFP.

But then, maybe FFP isn't the real issue at all...