Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 1310 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Carson settled for being a statistic at city, an English quota player. Like Stuart Taylor was at City before him and Rob Green at Chelsea. I thought he was pretty good for us up until his mistake for England. He well deserved the call up but probably should not have been chucked into the most crucial game of the qualifiers for his second cap. Never the same after that. He wasn't awful for us but just jittery. I remember him making a terrible mistake for Albion at Villa Park years later.

82% possession for City and they concede 3 goals against a shite Newcastle side

Because City are all attack. It gives the other side options. That's a Bruce approach, pack the defence and hit on the counter. Never really worked against us because we're defensive enough to cope with counters. Every time I've seen them against us they're very lively when they attack, but they rarely find the net.

Apparently this is the first time Bruce has ever won the premier league manager of the month despite him managing mostly in the Premier league for the last 20 years.

I don’t get the sympathy vote for Carson from the pundits, which is what it sounded like to me. If he had any ambition rather than being a big bottler, he would’ve tried to play regular football for another club.

The amount of money he’s made from playing what must be a handful of games for Citeh is obscene, but fair play I guess if you can get a job like that.

There are a lot more decent keepers around than No 1 jobs. So a lot end up om the bench as backups. As they have to be ready to play at any time, they have to put the effort into training even if they don't play. I'd say it's fair enough.

Looks like Tom Heaton is going to be 3rd choice at United, I thought he had more about him but in saying that , it's where he started it's where he's from and it's probably more money.
Let's be honest he isn't getting back in the England reckoning or Villa, he has a family to look after so you can't blame him.

Looks like Tom Heaton is going to be 3rd choice at United, I thought he had more about him but in saying that , it's where he started it's where he's from and it's probably more money.
Let's be honest he isn't getting back in the England reckoning or Villa, he has a family to look after so you can't blame him.

All the utd fans I know all seem to think they'll be offloading De Gea this summer and promoting Henderson to the number 1 spot so Heaton would presumably be number 2 if that happens.

De Gea is likely to be leaving this summer and after seeing Henderson the other night I think Heaton would have a shot at playing.

If Heaton goes to United I suppose we'll be getting in yet another keeper in the summer. Steer is as good as any when he's sitting on the bench but we need a decent keeper to push Martinez and take over if he should get injured or lose form. Steer is not that man, if he was we wouldn't keep signing keepers

It would be too hard/ costly for us to sign a keeper to push Martinez since Martinez is one of the best in the league. Heaton is a good keeper but Martinez is several fold better than him and was never pushed by him.

I'd happy take a backup keeper who is solid and not likely to drop one in his own net as cover for Martinez tbh.

Fair play to Leeds . Ridiculous hair cuts aside they have done well. Don't really get how they come into so many's thinking every week

Two different clubs coming into the league from 2 different trajectories and probably with different philosophies in terms of how the club is and will be run. Personally think its too early to establish comparisons . Both clubs need to settle into the Premier league, get the squads they want in order to see where we truly both are.
We will see if Leeds do a Sheffield United or similar next season. They might buck the trend but they will be found out to some degree.

Yep, and he could get another 5 years of PL wages if he doesn't have to play that much.