Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 128 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Coventry definitely having the rub of the green in the play-offs - late penalty at the Ricoh (which was the worst penalty award you will ever see, never in a million years!), a Notts equaliser tonight ruled out - wrongly - for offside, and then Cov get a third when they had guys offside twice in the build-up.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Well when you've been as crap as they have for so long I suppose you deserve a bit of luck eventually! Listening on Talk Sport, does sound like Cov have been the better team. Though few more years for Coventry in league 2 is fine with me! Had no idea Alan Smith was still playing .... 37! :eek::clap:

Well when you've been as crap as they have for so long I suppose you deserve a bit of luck eventually! Listening on Talk Sport, does sound like Cov have been the better team. Though few more years for Coventry in league 2 is fine with me! Had no idea Alan Smith was still playing .... 37! :eek::clap:

They were FAR better to be fair.

Talking of the Cov v Notts County match, did anyone notice the name of one of the subs on the bench for Notts. County? His name is Mr Virtue-Thick....... I kid you not.....:grinning:

Pleased Gareth Southgate hasn't picked injury worry players. Welbeck is the other one he could have binned but at least the squad has young fit and hungry players who have some connection with the manager, they can't do any worse than the previous golden shower generation.

Pleased Gareth Southgate hasn't picked injury worry players. Welbeck is the other one he could have binned but at least the squad has young fit and hungry players who have some connection with the manager, they can't do any worse than the previous golden shower generation.

Yep, and I like the fact he hasn't given "big names" precedence over those in form. Those coming in know they have a chance to make an impact.

Also like the fact he's up beat about winning. Forget about "this is building for the future".

I see "young and hungry" British manager Gary Rowett is sniffing around the vacant Stoke job.

Obviously fancies spending some of that parachute money rather than feeding on scraps at Derby for another year. And Stoke fans can look forward them being promotion candidates for most of the season before fading badly in the final weeks.

Rowett on his way to Stoke according to Sky. I’m quite surprise by that. Derby couldn’t stand in his way given Stokes financial muscle... :lol:

Disgusting Old chew face to Stoke then?.
Having had Pulis there for several years they will be used to negative 11 players behind the ball tactics. Match made in heaven.

Disgusting Old chew face to Stoke then?.
Having had Pulis there for several years they will be used to negative 11 players behind the ball tactics. Match made in heaven.
Can’t wait for his opening press conference. At Blues...”I’m not a villa fan.” At Derby “this is my Club” .... what will he come up with for Stoke??

It's a good move for Rowett. Not too long ago he was managing the noses. Now he'll have a genuine shot at promotion.

Rowett and monk have the look of someone who would gradually wind you up on a night out with the wife's friends and husbands.