Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 130 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

All joking aside re the Gooners, I think Unai Emery should be on Dr Tony's shortlist to replace Brucie once we go up:

Unai Emery declared his intention to turn Arsenal into “the best team in the Premier League and also the world” after being confirmed as the managerial successor to Arsène Wenger on a three-year contract.

No pressure then Unai...

Also of amusement was the claim the the Arsenal chief exec that the manager job at the Emirates was the most coveted in football:

On a day of hyperbole, the chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, suggested that the Arsenal job was the most coveted in football and made it plain that in Emery, the club believed they had the man to rekindle former glories.

I'm sure any manager/head coach in the world would be falling over themselves to have control of a transfer budget of £50m this summer.

Emery has agreed to work within the new structure and he knows that the club will operate on a £50m transfer budget next season.

:lol:

https://goo.gl/3hYKSc

New flavour of the month yet achieved little once he had access to money. Another Mourinho et al.

IF he can go back to Valencia success (was it) he'll stand a chance but will that be better than Wenger?

Former Villa striker Darren Byfield has been appointed as the new manager of my local team - Stratford Town.

He'd previously had a spell as manager of Redditch United.

Maybe this should be in the Really Interesting thread?

“My message to all Town supporters is you will have a very hungry team giving their all for the club in what we recognise will be a tough league, but we will be working hard in every game."

That's great Darren, but what we all want to know (especially Melon) is whether you are hungry? At 41, you are certainly young, but are you young and hungry?

http://www.stratford-herald.com/866...-town-appoint-darren-byfield-new-manager.html

New flavour of the month yet achieved little once he had access to money. Another Mourinho et al.

IF he can go back to Valencia success (was it) he'll stand a chance but will that be better than Wenger?
Well 3 consecutive Europa League Cups at Sevilla isn't bad