Osborn. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Osborn.

I see your point, but that is unrealistic at the moment, given how much it would cost. At a bare minimum (to have 2 players for each position) we need to sign a GK, CB, RCB, RWB and RCM for next season. The keeper (Henderson or otherwise) will be first team, and maybe the RCM if Lunny keeps playing silly buggers with his contract, but who could we sign who would improve our defence (the second best in the PL) while also being affordable? The best we could do is bring in some young, improving players and try and mould them into eventual replacements.
why is it unrealistic , we can get a couple on frees ,buy three and loan a good young un. its very very realistic in my opinion.

I think it depends how many we release on how many come in I still see jags as cover for another season maybe its only a couple of outfield players keeper is no1 priority i think a young upcoming player we can mould is a good option he would be classed as cover initially but with a view making the first team
I thought i had read that Jags was been released for next season ?. I may be wrong.

With respect he dosen't put himself about enough to need a rest.
1. He is poor when receiving the ball facing our goal. ALWAYS just returns the ball bckwards.

2. Makes countless unnecessary back and forth short balls.

3. His delivery from corners is largely poor. (Last night a wonderfull exception but a stopped clock is right twice a day).

4. Slow and shockingly easily knocked off the ball and very weak in the tackle.

5. Very slow tracking back.

I like Ollie but I feel he is beginning to reach the beginning of the end of what he can do in his position to take us forward. It's why we signed Berge. I am a grateful fan of his but next season might well be his last for us if we intend staying where we are. And I don't mean just in the prem, but being players in it.

Osborn isn't the one to replace him, he would replace Fleck or Lundstram. Succeeding Ollie is Berges' long term role.

Noooo - take another look at last night - I think he had read my criticism last week as he turned on the ball quite happily (I was checking), was very neat and tidy, chased back constantly - and delivered the perfect setpiece in the 93rd minute.

Every team needs a Norwood IMHO - and happily we've got one (y)

Aya, I think you are in bit in love. He was not too good first half but much better second. He wasn't the only one though.

Aya, I think you are in bit in love. He was not too good first half but much better second. He wasn't the only one though.

:hmmm:maybe - I must confess I do like his new hairdo................however, he's a solid player with a great eye for a pass who hasn't let us down. Osborn is a battler, but lacks his composure on the ball.

:hmmm:maybe - I must confess I do like his new hairdo................however, he's a solid player with a great eye for a pass who hasn't let us down. Osborn is a battler, but lacks his composure on the ball.
he,ll be dropped soon me thinks ,we will have better than him. hes done well though. he started to give the ball away again and again. if he ups his game then hes got a chance ,but i just think the team is going on to the next level and he,ll fall by the way side. sad but thats football

Noooo - take another look at last night - I think he had read my criticism last week as he turned on the ball quite happily (I was checking), was very neat and tidy, chased back constantly - and delivered the perfect setpiece in the 93rd minute.

Every team needs a Norwood IMHO - and happily we've got one (y)

Will bow to your resume Aya. Was at work and only managed sporadic coverage via Hesgoals.
Think the wider point prevails though in that he is at his peak and given his role cannot slip below it if we are to function now and more importantly improve going forward. Hope he maintains and exceeds the required standards so I and others happily eat our words!

why is it unrealistic , we can get a couple on frees ,buy three and loan a good young un. its very very realistic in my opinion.

It's realistic for us to be able to sign players, but not to expect that we can afford to bring in players who are currently better than the likes of Egan, Bash and Baldock.

Will bow to your resume Aya. Was at work and only managed sporadic coverage via Hesgoals.
Think the wider point prevails though in that he is at his peak and given his role cannot slip below it if we are to function now and more importantly improve going forward. Hope he maintains and exceeds the required standards so I and others happily eat our words!

Glad to hear that Hesgoal is still around - I relied on it earlier in the season and will need it again when we are on Amazon.

His standards slipped at the restart - but I do think he is getting back to his best and actually it is great that he is now being challenged for his position - this wasn't happening pre-lockdown.

Glad to hear that Hesgoal is still around - I relied on it earlier in the season and will need it again when we are on Amazon.

His standards slipped at the restart - but I do think he is getting back to his best and actually it is great that he is now being challenged for his position - this wasn't happening pre-lockdown.

Absolutely. Any player unchallenged will slip into a comfort zone. Berges incredible upswing having adapted and Osborns brilliant dynamism coupled with the imminent availability of Lundstram and hopefully Fleck should make Ollie know he absolutely has to be "on it" every 90 mins.

I watched the game on He'sgoal also,only went off once for abart 20 seconds and was good but my god that ex pig co commentator gets on m i nerves at times.How many times did he think we needed to hear Wolves are a very dangerous side in't 2nd half of games.I was very pleased to get owt of the game but to win it was brilliant and i scared our Molly(Border Collie) she was havin a kip when Egan thumped that header home,she wan't sleepin when i BELLOWED,GET THE F**K in.:ROFLMAO: UTMPB

Absolutely. Any player unchallenged will slip into a comfort zone. Berges incredible upswing having adapted and Osborns brilliant dynamism coupled with the imminent availability of Lundstram and hopefully Fleck should make Ollie know he absolutely has to be "on it" every 90 mins.
St Christopher said FLECKY was back on the grass when Giddins interviewed after the game last night so i would expect him to be back in the squad for the Chelski game.UTMPB

It's something of a dilemma for Wilder that we have Fleck, Osborn and Lundstram whose game seems more suited to the holder and box to box player either side system and Norwood and Berge whose games are more suited to the double pivot.

There's no reason we can't play both midfield systems as and when required. We did mix it up more earlier in the season in games like Southampton and Leicester where Luke Freeman and Morrison were used as attacking mids.

Duffy is a memory, Morrison's gone and Freeman's face doesn't seem to fit so will Wilder throw some money at a quality attacking midfielder ? There's no shortage of those in the continent.

It's something of a dilemma for Wilder that we have Fleck, Osborn and Lundstram whose game seems more suited to the holder and box to box player either side system and Norwood and Berge whose games are more suited to the double pivot.

There's no reason we can't play both midfield systems as and when required. We did mix it up more earlier in the season in games like Southampton and Leicester where Luke Freeman and Morrison were used as attacking mids.

Duffy is a memory, Morrison's gone and Freeman's face doesn't seem to fit so will Wilder throw some money at a quality attacking midfielder ? There's no shortage of those in the continent.
We changed to 4 2 4 during the Burnley game 2nd half before reverting back to type after we equalised