Osborn. | Vital Football

Osborn.

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
This little gadger is a cracking player. A ratter with pace and he is also a bit of a baller. So glad he has stuck it out, applied himself and grabbed his chance when it eventually came. Hope he stays for the long haul.
He could be our Trevor Hockey MK11.
Great work Ben.

There is no way he should dropped. He allows Berge to be a better player and has helped Stevens find a bit of better form.
If Fleck is back and fit then Norwood is the weak link for me now.
I would be tempted to drop him and keep Osborn in the first 11.

He's even better than we realise.

He controls it quickly, always goes the right way and makes the right decisions.

Very assured. You can always be confident when the ball comes to him.

He's physically very decent as well. Speed, balance and stamina.

Everything I saw from him at the City Ground 2 years ago, he's showing for us. At that time he was unattainable but had the look of a Wilder player. He's certainly proving it.

I hope he's here for a long time.

Great signing.

Norwood needs a rest.

With respect he dosen't put himself about enough to need a rest.
1. He is poor when receiving the ball facing our goal. ALWAYS just returns the ball bckwards.

2. Makes countless unnecessary back and forth short balls.

3. His delivery from corners is largely poor. (Last night a wonderfull exception but a stopped clock is right twice a day).

4. Slow and shockingly easily knocked off the ball and very weak in the tackle.

5. Very slow tracking back.

I like Ollie but I feel he is beginning to reach the beginning of the end of what he can do in his position to take us forward. It's why we signed Berge. I am a grateful fan of his but next season might well be his last for us if we intend staying where we are. And I don't mean just in the prem, but being players in it.

Osborn isn't the one to replace him, he would replace Fleck or Lundstram. Succeeding Ollie is Berges' long term role.

Next season the 'Championship' elements of our play need eradicating.

Although I don't want to knock Norwood because he's been a phenomenal player for us, I feel a lot of those 'Championship' moments revolve around him.

His physical limitations are obvious, he's too easy to dispossess and there are too many sloppy or negative passes (although his fwd passing stats are very high). He needs to play well every game but that's not going to happen.

It's not the technical side of him we'd miss most - and we would miss his deliveries. It's the knowledge, intelligence and positioning that would be hard to replace. He knows the players and the system inside out. It's hard for any new signing to pick these things up quickly enough to be beneficial. So we may need to be careful what we wish for.

But that's where Berge can come in. He's currently in the process of learning this system and will hopefully be ready to take over next season.

As I suggested on my Osborn thread, I also think he could be an option in that position. He has the qualities and the potential to develop quite a bit more.

I think the most likely way we replace Norwood isn't with a like for like replacement in the same role, but with an attacking midfielder. Berge and Fleck is an obvious double pivot. I hope that's the plan. Think it might be too.

Interesting Chronic, and good to discuss thoughts without daft input. Wilder will have decided already how he wants to set us up next season, (with Plans B,C and D) and who he perceives will best fill those roles. He will have views on existing players and targets. Obviously the budget will dictate that but I absolutely believe we will continue a square peg in square hole philosophy. Any signings need to be quality not quantity. In Robinson, Rodwell and so far L. Freeman we have quantity.
The keeper situation is paramount and after that the situation up top.

I think Luke Freeman will be off and who could blame him. He's been unfortunate. We shouldn't forget that when he replaced Fleck earlier in the season, it was very much like the current Osborn situation. He was excellent, replaced Fleck as well as could be expected and didn't deserve to be dropped.

But I think Osborn is more natural cover for Fleck, so Freeman will probably be surplus.

Our 'quantity' next season needs to be made up mainly of current players. Robinson, Lunny, Norwood, Osborn, Sharp, etc. Rodwell might be worth keeping.

Hopefully only a couple of the signings will be for cover. The RCB/RWB area being the main one.

The goalkeeper is so important.

And we need to make sure we spend our money better than we did last summer. Next season can go wrong if we don't.

With respect he dosen't put himself about enough to need a rest.
1. He is poor when receiving the ball facing our goal. ALWAYS just returns the ball bckwards.

2. Makes countless unnecessary back and forth short balls.

3. His delivery from corners is largely poor. (Last night a wonderfull exception but a stopped clock is right twice a day).

4. Slow and shockingly easily knocked off the ball and very weak in the tackle.

5. Very slow tracking back.

I like Ollie but I feel he is beginning to reach the beginning of the end of what he can do in his position to take us forward. It's why we signed Berge. I am a grateful fan of his but next season might well be his last for us if we intend staying where we are. And I don't mean just in the prem, but being players in it.

Osborn isn't the one to replace him, he would replace Fleck or Lundstram. Succeeding Ollie is Berges' long term role.
OK SBT I get he's not your cup of tea but we have seen him at his best earlier in the season. Looks short of it and I still say he needs to sit out a couple. ......I call it 'a rest' but I mean drop. We need to see Sander in his favourite role.

OK SBT I get he's not your cup of tea but we have seen him at his best earlier in the season. Looks short of it and I still say he needs to sit out a couple. ......I call it 'a rest' but I mean drop. We need to see Sander in his favourite role.

Misread me Chips.
He is my cup of tea and has been since he signed. Sadly I think he is approaching journeys end with us as an auto first pick,like Billy. No sentiment. Move on. And thanks.

Misread me Chips.
He is my cup of tea and has been since he signed. Sadly I think he is approaching journeys end with us as an auto first pick,like Billy. No sentiment. Move on. And thanks.
You could be right but a little too soon for me SBT. Another year at least.

I think Luke Freeman will be off and who could blame him. He's been unfortunate. We shouldn't forget that when he replaced Fleck earlier in the season, it was very much like the current Osborn situation. He was excellent, replaced Fleck as well as could be expected and didn't deserve to be dropped.

But I think Osborn is more natural cover for Fleck, so Freeman will probably be surplus.

Our 'quantity' next season needs to be made up mainly of current players. Robinson, Lunny, Norwood, Osborn, Sharp, etc. Rodwell might be worth keeping.

Hopefully only a couple of the signings will be for cover. The RCB/RWB area being the main one.

The goalkeeper is so important.

And we need to make sure we spend our money better than we did last summer. Next season can go wrong if we don't.
Hopefully none will be for cover I’m hoping every new signing is expecting to get a first team berth (after their apprenticeship into the system has been served obviously not many could walk straight into it and swim as sander found out)

totally agree about norwood i think the team and what it desires has over took norwoods game and is becoming much bigger than what he can offer.
where on earth as osbournes performances come from ,like we,ve just signed a brand new player a good player. brilliant lad just brilliant. and i think bash should be captain now, he as sheffield united DNA coursing through his veins.
sign a keeper. top goal getter. centre half ,wing back ,an attacking mid who can score.

Hopefully none will be for cover I’m hoping every new signing is expecting to get a first team berth (after their apprenticeship into the system has been served obviously not many could walk straight into it and swim as sander found out)

I see your point, but that is unrealistic at the moment, given how much it would cost. At a bare minimum (to have 2 players for each position) we need to sign a GK, CB, RCB, RWB and RCM for next season. The keeper (Henderson or otherwise) will be first team, and maybe the RCM if Lunny keeps playing silly buggers with his contract, but who could we sign who would improve our defence (the second best in the PL) while also being affordable? The best we could do is bring in some young, improving players and try and mould them into eventual replacements.

I see your point, but that is unrealistic at the moment, given how much it would cost. At a bare minimum (to have 2 players for each position) we need to sign a GK, CB, RCB, RWB and RCM for next season. The keeper (Henderson or otherwise) will be first team, and maybe the RCM if Lunny keeps playing silly buggers with his contract, but who could we sign who would improve our defence (the second best in the PL) while also being affordable? The best we could do is bring in some young, improving players and try and mould them into eventual replacements.
I think it depends how many we release on how many come in I still see jags as cover for another season maybe its only a couple of outfield players keeper is no1 priority i think a young upcoming player we can mould is a good option he would be classed as cover initially but with a view making the first team

I think it depends how many we release on how many come in I still see jags as cover for another season maybe its only a couple of outfield players keeper is no1 priority i think a young upcoming player we can mould is a good option he would be classed as cover initially but with a view making the first team
Do you rate the ARSEnal keeper Martinez i think he's called, he's only playin cos the first choice keeper's injured.He looks very confident with the ball at his feet and has med some good saves from the highlights i've seen.He has been at ARSEnal a long time and rarely gets a start so could be available relatively cheap.By i'm for askin opinions not suggestin we sign him.UTMPB

Do you rate the ARSEnal keeper Martinez i think he's called, he's only playin cos the first choice keeper's injured.He looks very confident with the ball at his feet and has med some good saves from the highlights i've seen.He has been at ARSEnal a long time and rarely gets a start so could be available relatively cheap.By i'm for askin opinions not suggestin we sign him.UTMPB

I'd say worth looking at indeed in the event Hendo dosen't come back again. Good call rod.

He's been very impressive Rod. Would he be available and, looking at Arse's wage structure, at what price?

Looks the part though.

No he has played for the dark side, but also the "top 6 teams" has a premium attached to any of their players, especially if they don't want to sell, so I think we could do better elsewhere.