Olympics | Page 2 | Vital Football

Olympics

Feel your pain. I watched the womens 100m final and the Brit took the knee before the start. Hold on, I have just realised that all 8 finalists took the knee before the start. Bloody disgraceful🙄
Clever.

I haven't noticed any real knee taking though. British Olympians don't care about racism 👎

Clever.

I haven't noticed any real knee taking though. British Olympians don't care about racism 👎

Some of the team sports did.

There was the situation where 3 of the 4 us fencers wore pink masks as the fourth guy had been accused of some past misdemeanour but not proven so allowed to compete.

Feel sorry for the nz girl who was forced to give up her place in the weightlifting to allow the guy to compete as a woman. Guardian reporting ioc welcoming it except the ioc said they need to look at the rules again. Some calling for a third gender category lol.

Since this Olympics 🤷‍♂️

A push to get younger generations watching I guess. I would have said competing, but it’s all youngsters anyway.

Happy for the Aussie that got the first BMX gold. TBF the skills are amazing.
In 2012, the olympic mountain biking was held very near to me in Hadleigh, brought thousands to the area and really put the locality on the biking map. The course and facilities that were built for the Olympics are massively popular now, we were there yesterday and the place was packed with bikers of all ages.
Might not be a "traditional" Olympic sport but if it gets people into sport, it can only be a good thing. 👍

In 2012, the olympic mountain biking was held very near to me in Hadleigh, brought thousands to the area and really put the locality on the biking map. The course and facilities that were built for the Olympics are massively popular now, we were there yesterday and the place was packed with bikers of all ages.
Might not be a "traditional" Olympic sport but if it gets people into sport, it can only be a good thing. 👍

Hopefully that sort of thing will happen here in Brisbane after the 2032 Olympics.

The amount of infrastructure planned, and new stadiums being built (or fully refurbished) is excellent. Apparently close to where I am they are building a massive “white water” facility. I’ll probably be too old and infirm to partake (already am actually) but I reckon my kids and grand kids might get a whole heap of enjoyment out of something like that in future years.

Some great stuff to watch and excitement.
Unfortunately I'm getting increasingly irritated by some of the coverage.
I know the BBC couldn't shell out hundreds of millions to get the coverage it used to provide but there seems to be more chat than.sport.

Added to that are the inane interviews with the competitors that are as bad as or worse that the average footie interview.

"How do you feel?" ""Over the moon"

"What does this mean to you?" "Everything"

"I was inspired by ..... (fill in name or 2012).

Aaaaaagh!!!

I don't know if this has actually got worse over the years or just me being even more of a miserable old ####.

Any other views?

It's a real shame the beeb don't have the rights they once did. I used to love the selection and would find myself watching all sorts.

I can't help but think the IOC are shooting themselves in the foot by selling the rights to a streaming platform. Isn't the whole point to raise awareness and showcase these less common sports?

Some great stuff to watch and excitement.
Unfortunately I'm getting increasingly irritated by some of the coverage.
I know the BBC couldn't shell out hundreds of millions to get the coverage it used to provide but there seems to be more chat than.sport.

Added to that are the inane interviews with the competitors that are as bad as or worse that the average footie interview.

"How do you feel?" ""Over the moon"

"What does this mean to you?" "Everything"

"I was inspired by ..... (fill in name or 2012).

Aaaaaagh!!!

I don't know if this has actually got worse over the years or just me being even more of a miserable old ####.

Any other views?

That's nowt. I remember when folk wouldn't complain about owt. Just as miserable though.

Agree about the coverage -ditto US-wise. They need to get creative with the replies.

How did you feel?
Well you know when you've just had a really good shag? Bit like that.

What does it mean to you?

Who inspired you?
I'm not saying.

Last edited:
That's nowt. I remember when folk wouldn't complain about owt. Just as miserable though.

Agree about the coverage -ditto US-wise. They need to get creative with the replies.

How did you feel?

What does it mean to you?
Well you've just had a really good shag? Bit like that.

Who inspired you?
I'm not saying.
I do look at them differently once I found out they're at it like rabbits in the Olympic village.

Wish they told me that when I did athletics at school, I would have trained much harder!

I'm enjoying the interviews -:the BMX girl racer couldn't believe it!. Can't watch more than 30 seconds of hockey though, and even that is more interesting than sailing

Keely Hodgkinson yelling "I can't fucking believe it" to someone in the crowd, was a highlight today.

Does anyone know how Simone Biles is feeling? Haven't heard anything about her since this afternoon.

Hope Femke Bol beats the Yanks in the 400m h, and the Americans also flame out in the men's 200m. Don't think we are going to get a gold in the Athletics this time

I'm enjoying the interviews -:the BMX girl racer couldn't believe it!. Can't watch more than 30 seconds of hockey though, and even that is more interesting than sailing

Keely Hodgkinson yelling "I can't fucking believe it" to someone in the crowd, was a highlight today.

Does anyone know how Simone Biles is feeling? Haven't heard anything about her since this afternoon.

Hope Femke Bol beats the Yanks in the 400m h, and the Americans also flame out in the men's 200m. Don't think we are going to get a gold in the Athletics this time

Similar with one of the Aussie girls after winning gold.

Reporter asks “Any message for your family and friends back home?”

Answer “F*ck yeah! Oooh, sorry…..I mean, Woohoo!”

She’s from a Brisbane suburb called Caboolture (read - Strood) and later that day her sister back home was interviewed and she said “You can take the girl out of Caboolture, but you can’t take Caboolture out of the girl” 😁

Pleased for young GB skateboarder Sky Brown, who won a bronze medal earlier today. What an amazing skilled display of footwork and agility - excellent young role model, who will hopefully inspire more young people to take up exercise.

Especially impressive given that just over a year ago she was in intensive care with a fractured skull and several fractures in her arm and wrist after crashing on a huge ramp.

I like the way that when the 15 year old japanese girl completed a good run that her young competitors rushed to embrace her including young sky.
Sky is Japanese so will be able to talk to her - it does seem to be a kid's sport, it must be easier to do balance tricks if you are 4 foot tall

I like the way that when the 15 year old japanese girl completed a good run that her young competitors rushed to embrace her including young sky.

My kids both go to skateboarding classes over here, and even at that obviously much lower level, it does seem to be something they try to encourage among the kids, to build each other up and support each other.