Olympics | Vital Football

Olympics

LockdownLife

Vital Squad Member
I know the timings are a bit annoying but has anyone else been watching when they can?

I think the commentators and presenters deserve a shoutout. Most sports I now nothing but they can make it enjoyable to watch. The only one I struggle with is gymnastics because no goals/points that are obvious during the act.

Thought Lutalo Muhammad was a good co-presenter explaining Taekwondo too.

I
I know the timings are a bit annoying but has anyone else been watching when they can?

I think the commentators and presenters deserve a shoutout. Most sports I now nothing but they can make it enjoyable to watch. The only one I struggle with is gymnastics because no goals/points that are obvious during the act.

Thought Lutalo Muhammad was a good co-presenter explaining Taekwondo too.
Living here in Japan it’s nice to watch it LIVE at a decent and normal time. Just recovering from the Euro’s at ungodly hours!😅

And a very strange false start!
Strange sums up the whole thing. No fans, host country doesn't want it, and weird sports. I know I sound like a philk66 / gills58 type misery, but 3x3 basketball, children's skateboarding and beach handball? They could do with stripping out some of the nonsense events.

Adam Peaty is a beast. Britain's top sportsman imo.

Watched our bloke in the Taekwondo. Sorry, I know I don't understand the details of the sport, but it looked like two men in an arse kicking competition to me :shrug:

I've been watching the men's football, especially where France struggled against South Africa and were captained by 35-year-old Andre Pierre Gignac, who plays in the Mexican league. No Mbappe and Pogba in this equipe national - a proper grassroots, French B Team.

One of their best attacking options has been 22-year-old Randal Kolo Muani who is on the books at Nantes but currently plays on loan at Boulogne. Perhaps we should put him on a ferry across the Channel and sign him up?

Watched our bloke in the Taekwondo. Sorry, I know I don't understand the details of the sport, but it looked like two men in an arse kicking competition to me :shrug:
Except the kicks and punches are fecking hard, even with the padding there's going to be a lot of very bruised people. It's a shame we had two losses in finals.

A good day today though, three golds. Impressive performances by all four of them (feel a bit sorry for Matty Lee, everyone seems to focus on Tom Daley).

Strange sums up the whole thing. No fans, host country doesn't want it, and weird sports. I know I sound like a philk66 / gills58 type misery, but 3x3 basketball, children's skateboarding and beach handball? They could do with stripping out some of the nonsense events.

Adam Peaty is a beast. Britain's top sportsman imo.
He's a machine isn't he? There was a graphic on BBC last night showing that he hasn't lost a final since 2017 or something. Takes in about a dozen titles. If he gets to the final he basically wins it. Very impressive.

He's a machine isn't he? There was a graphic on BBC last night showing that he hasn't lost a final since 2017 or something. Takes in about a dozen titles. If he gets to the final he basically wins it. Very impressive.
I believe he also he has done the 16 fastest times ever. Pretty incredible.

Except the kicks and punches are fecking hard, even with the padding there's going to be a lot of very bruised people. It's a shame we had two losses in finals.

A good day today though, three golds. Impressive performances by all four of them (feel a bit sorry for Matty Lee, everyone seems to focus on Tom Daley).
Older board members like me won't be the slightest bit surprised that Lee won gold for diving.
:-)

Watched the triathlon last night, excellent race across the three events.

Got a (distant) relative in the triathlon. Matt Hauser. Finished about mid-table for Australia. Those blokes are pretty freakin awesome in their strength, endurance and willpower.

Agree about the start. What on earth was that camera boat doing still there? And why did the starter actually start the race when it was obvious some pretty big-arsed boat, propellers and all, was in the way 😳

As for timing? Brilliant for us in Brissie. Only an hour difference time wise so we get to watch it all 👍

Better than the freakin Euros at stupid-o-clock. Get your clocks sorted over there. GMT? Pffffft!

why have british athletics selected dina. knowing full well she has
torn a hamstring and needs 4 months off and an operation
She had treatment and thought she would give it a go.

What I'm not sure about is why she was doing the 100, the 200 and the relay. She didn't have a chance in the 100, the medall chance was 200.