Old pics | Page 12 | Vital Football

Old pics

The only people who can compare J H with T C are the people who have watched both play, and practically all say J H was the better of the two.

Looks early 1990-ish so I'm going to guess tickets for the Sheffield Semi-final at Wembley. Do I win a prize.?
I did well that day.
My mate's daughter, a fellow hotelier, was studying Hotel Management at Hallam and working part time at BDBL and all staff got 2 tickets so we went courtesy of 2 p/time waitresses!
Coach from the ground, breakfast at Wembley, tickets just behind the Royal Box, 3 course meal with free bar afterwards and return to BDBL( which wasn't as lively as the journey down for some reason).
I even got my money back on the abandoned Grand National sweep so, apart from buying a drink in the stadium, it was a total freebie- except for the still lingering emotional scars.

Half a second earlier and we'd have known! Going on it being televised I reckon it could be the last ever game v Lancs in August 1973
Probably as you’ve got the yr right I thought it was probably the last game played there

Probably as you’ve got the yr right I thought it was probably the last game played there
It was in the days when Granada used to televise the Roses games which points me to that Bully.
The other CC games that year were v Derby and Somerset and a JPL v Leicester which Boycs didn't play in.

By the clock, its 2:50 as the openers are walking out, presumably after bowling whoever out. There are quite a lot of empty seats and benches on view. I was at the first day of the last game, and don't remember many empty seats. I think TT is right about Richard Lumb. Tall and striking gent.

By the clock, its 2:50 as the openers are walking out, presumably after bowling whoever out. There are quite a lot of empty seats and benches on view. I was at the first day of the last game, and don't remember many empty seats. I think TT is right about Richard Lumb. Tall and striking gent.
Youks lasted 50 overs in the 1st innings so out just before tea.
Lancs declared after 58 overs so that would take them to around lunchtime.
The game was rain affected - see Guardian article which is illuminating re how voter's were treated!-so maybe that's the middle of day 2 .

Scorecard-
https://www.crichq.com/matches/254358/2nd_innings

Guardian article
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-voted-away-cricket-sheffield-united-the-spin