Oh dear fellow Blades (hate crime) | Vital Football

Oh dear fellow Blades (hate crime)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodwardfan2

Vital Newbie
So , the taking the knee thread has been removed because of multiple complaints , some of them potentially involving the police ? As my grandkids might say , “Wowzers”.

What a sad and sorry state of affairs , my hate-filled fellow Blades. Time for a long look in my mirror.

4A2B1966-8ABF-4744-8C2C-43E9B41DF94D.jpeg

A sad state of affairs that Vital bent the knee to complaints from cowardly individuals who don't post here, who wouldn't even mind if Vital went under, but essentially wanted to shut dialogue and free speech down.

If there's no dialogue there's no resolving of the issues. But that's what some folks want.

Anyone going to own up to complaining and threatening to waste the police's time showing them the thread ??? That would have been a lark.

This is a microcosm of what is happening worldwide. The marxist left is shutting down free speech everywhere. Do as I say and do as I do or you won't say or do anything at all. People should be frightened about the future under these people. They should be scared about sharing a street with them, a neighbourhood, a city. And they have the gall to call the political right nazis?

A sad state of affairs that Vital bent the knee to complaints from cowardly individuals who don't post here, who wouldn't even mind if Vital went under, but essentially wanted to shut dialogue and free speech down.

If there's no dialogue there's no resolving of the issues. But that's what some folks want.

Anyone going to own up to complaining and threatening to waste the police's time showing them the thread ??? That would have been a lark.

We're evolving terrifically as a species aren't we.

Imagine being that sad, weak and pathetic that you bother to complain about a thread on which nothing close to racist is posted, on a small, scarcely viewed forum, that you don't even contribute on. Imagine having a threshold so low. Imagine thinking it's important.

High level stuff, really is.

'Look in the mirror' is the perfect advice here.

This is a microcosm of what is happening worldwide. The marxist left is shutting down free speech everywhere. Do as I say and do as I do or you won't say or do anything at all. People should be frightened about the future under these people. They should be scared about sharing a street with them, a neighbourhood, a city. And they have the gall to call the political right nazis?

You would probably regard me as the marxist left because I agree with the taking of the knee, and I'm from a BAME background, but I support the right to free speech, as it allows the people racists to show themselves for what they really are.

Why should people be frightened of the future of people who take a stand about racist and racist persecution. Why should they be scared about sharing a street, neighbourhood and city with them.

I'm a Muslim, albiet a moderate muslim. I'm a Sheffield United season ticket, ex-servicemen, and live a peaceful life, but it hasn't prevented me from being accused of being a terrorist, a paedophile supporter, a peadophile, and me being told many times to go back home to where I belong (I live and was born and brought up in Firth Park btw). Should I be subjected to those sort of slurs based on my religions and should I stand by and listen to slurs like that against people of my religion, and should I be allowed the right to stand (or kneel) against that sort of prejudice.

You are quite correct in that it is happening everywhere.
Not sure that it can be blamed on "the marxist left". Our beloved bunter is trying to emasculate the BBC because they told the truth about his and his govt's lies over PPE. Now every blue rinsed tory thinks the BBC is the devil and it is too scared to speak out.
As you say, you find it everywhere. We are regularly told what we have to accept. Much as I would like to speak about some subjects, I can't because I will be accused of some form of hatred, which is absurd when all you want to do is ask questions.
Orwell was right, we are all equal, but some (far, far) more equal than others.

Rampant censorship and indoctrination at all levels wouldn't be among my primary indicators of a healthy, evolving species.

Anyway. Forum Wars.

Steve, Danny...... I don't suggest I'm reight 'ard. But I have seen a number of you and from experience I know that 9 out of 10 of you on there look like this:

Screenshot 2021-06-10 09.48.17.png

Or this:

Screenshot 2021-06-10 09.52.58.png

You certainly don't get to play the 'LOL what a weirdo' card by the way, Steve.

'Gin&Juice' - that would actually be perfect!

That's bull about Vital, I am personally against taking the knee, it is Americanism and we've imported their issue. (And as it is me personally, I'm posting as me not as the company!)

However, two had gone way over the line, the complaints were correct and none of us had time to go through the whole thread, and shouldn't really, as we would then end up legally responsible for anything left/anything to come. As ridiculous as that is.

It is the world we live in, there is freedom of speech, there never has been freedom of hate speech though. People get confused by that.

A couple of the posters should know better than what they were posting.

It wasn't all.

As said, just not got the time, or indeed, the will, to go through all that.

You would probably regard me as the marxist left because I agree with the taking of the knee, and I'm from a BAME background, but I support the right to free speech, as it allows the people racists to show themselves for what they really are.

That would be exactly my favoured approach. It was for years, but the way things have gone, people tend to complain, rather than confront the racists, homophobes etc.

Why should people be frightened of the future of people who take a stand about racist and racist persecution. Why should they be scared about sharing a street, neighbourhood and city with them.

I'm a Muslim, albiet a moderate muslim. I'm a Sheffield United season ticket, ex-servicemen, and live a peaceful life, but it hasn't prevented me from being accused of being a terrorist, a paedophile supporter, a peadophile, and me being told many times to go back home to where I belong (I live and was born and brought up in Firth Park btw). Should I be subjected to those sort of slurs based on my religions and should I stand by and listen to slurs like that against people of my religion, and should I be allowed the right to stand (or kneel) against that sort of prejudice.
The casual racism you describe is abhorrently wrong. I 100% agree with you. However no one was being racist on that thread. People were just trying to air their views about the political gesture of taking the knee and the organisation associated with it, which is quite open about its dubious aims. I think you'll find that everyone taking objection to TTK before games supports Kick It Out and is totally against racism, myself included. No, you shouldn't just have to stand by and take those slurs against your colour and religion and, in a free world, you are free to take the knee, if that's what you wish to do. Likewise, those who have done their due diligence on the organisation BLM and know what they stand for, should also be allowed to voice their opposition, without the fear of being cancelled or run out of town because it's now hip and woke to do so.

I support the right to free speech, as it allows the people racists to show themselves for what they really are.
It does but don't forget that works both ways too. Fortunately more and more people are waking up to the fact that racism isn't just a one way street.

The casual racism you describe is abhorrently wrong. I 100% agree with you. However no one was being racist on that thread. People were just trying to air their views about the political gesture of taking the knee and the organisation associated with it, which is quite open about its dubious aims. I think you'll find that everyone taking objection to TTK before games supports Kick It Out and is totally against racism, myself included. No, you shouldn't just have to stand by and take those slurs against your colour and religion and, in a free world, you are free to take the knee, if that's what you wish to do. Likewise, those who have done their due diligence on the organisation BLM and know what they stand for, should also be allowed to voice their opposition, without the fear of being cancelled or run out of town because it's now hip and woke to do so.

It does but don't forget that works both ways too. Fortunately more and more people are waking up to the fact that racism isn't just a one way street.

well said

Seems a pointless exercise the closed thread will be replaced by another one with the same theme, it is already gets included in every thread no matter what the original thread was about.
This forum is primarily about discussing Blades related topics and football in general and seems to have lost that theme.
Why the off topic was binned mystifies me, posters can't even keep politics in one thread they feel the need to inflict their theories on everybody else. The cricket thread works why can't every other thread work the same it's not rocket science.
Good luck to the moderators keeping a lid on this.

That's bull about Vital, I am personally against taking the knee, it is Americanism and we've imported their issue. (And as it is me personally, I'm posting as me not as the company!)

However, two had gone way over the line, the complaints were correct and none of us had time to go through the whole thread, and shouldn't really, as we would then end up legally responsible for anything left/anything to come. As ridiculous as that is.

It is the world we live in, there is freedom of speech, there never has been freedom of hate speech though. People get confused by that.

A couple of the posters should know better than what they were posting.

It wasn't all.

As said, just not got the time, or indeed, the will, to go through all that.

The near the knuckle posts, if absolutely necessary, could have been removed , as well as the insults. A poster bringing up their Pakistani heritage, serving in the military and Jo Cox's murder was about as relevant to the subject as what I had for my tea last night - again, could have been removed as it was just flame bait.

To delete an entire thread which at it's core was a reflection of the national debate taking place seems a waste. Terms like 'hate crime' and 'hate speech' are hyperbolic and innacurate. Did a lawyer give the thread a once over and draw that conclussion ?

Anyway, no use us crying over spilt milk. Vital have let SBT and Chronic's army of anonymous cyber stalkers get their way.

The near the knuckle posts, if absolutely necessary, could have been removed , as well as the insults. A poster bringing up their Pakistani heritage, serving in the military and Jo Cox's murder was about as relevant to the subject as what I had for my tea last night - again, could have been removed as it was just flame bait.

To delete an entire thread which at it's core was a reflection of the national debate taking place seems a waste. Terms like 'hate crime' and 'hate speech' are hyperbolic and innacurate. Did a lawyer give the thread a once over and draw that conclussion ?

Anyway, no use us crying over spilt milk. Vital have let SBT and Chronic's army of anonymous cyber stalkers get their way.

It hasn't been, it has been moved, then if we have time... but it shouldn't be for us to have to go through it all. Will see if I can get someone to do it.

People should be able to self 'police' themselves and we shouldn't have to baby people.

The post I put up as Vital Admin remains valid, we are light touch moderation wise, and I would be surprised if anyone could argue otherwise. How many times have we got involved on this site for instance? Rare, probably never. We respect and appreciate our members.

The terms hate crime are far from hyperbolic. Look at the news, the pressure on the social media channels - who to be fair are woeful in comparison to how we try to run the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.