Official Summer Friendlies thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Official Summer Friendlies thread

Not going today , i can justify spending anywhere between 30 and 50 quid for train tickets for a proper game but not a friendly.
For those that are going have a good one :thumbup:

I know a fair few Bournemouth fans they have got a bit cocky over recent years being in the prem, but to be fair to them they've been as low as you can pretty much go nearly out of business many times. They were in the bottom division with a points deduction and an embargo I think, they managed to stay up and kept climbing probably earned a right to be a bit cocky. Be nice to hammer them today so I can be cocky after.

Eddie Howe can be a bit of a smug git and some of their fans were arses but how is that different from any other club?

They got a bit ‘look at us, we’re in the premier league’ but that’s certainly not exclusive to them. And to be fair they have backed it up by staying in there so far.

Can’t say I have any problem with them except on match days so I think I will save my ire for teams that are truly worthy of dislike.

Got a long memory for shit like that. You wanna hear me go on with teams I actually dislike. I just think they were cocky twats but nothing special. 1-0 to the famous team. Can't help it that's there is only one team I like, all the rest are just *****.

Coyr

I know a fair few Bournemouth fans they have got a bit cocky over recent years being in the prem, but to be fair to them they've been as low as you can pretty much go nearly out of business many times. They were in the bottom division with a points deduction and an embargo I think, they managed to stay up and kept climbing probably earned a right to be a bit cocky. Be nice to hammer them today so I can be cocky after.

:cry: bought a tear to my eye. Bless em

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. Good, attacking football and constantly trying to be creative. Strong performances from just about everyone on the pitch. Guedioura was man of the match for me - he was excellent in just about every aspect, from passing, to tackles to skill and composure on the ball. Darikwa also had the best game I've seen in a Forest shirt!

Dias was a real threat, as was Carvalho. Constantly chasing balls down and willing to try and make something happen. Goncalves didn't quite perform as well as the other two, and perhaps tried too hard as a result.

Fox was masterclass at CH - happy to change my opinion on him! Dawson was really steady and class in sweeping. Osborn worked his arse off and certainly showed he has potential at LB.

Colback was nice and steady and Murphy was average with a little more effort.

Goalkeeper made some good saves but dropped a couple of shots.

Subs - soudani tried some embarrassing skill that was unnecessary but then looked a threat after that. All of Cash, Lolley and in particular Grabban looked lively. Yates was composed as well.

Encouraged for the season ahead but I'm 50/50 on whether we need one more out and out goalscorer. If we play like that every week, I won't be complaining - it was fluid, attacking and organised. Still think we look suspect from set pieces it has to be said, so that needs addressing. Can't wait for next week!!

Very impressive! I am so impressed with the workrate and above all how robust the three Portuguese are. They were brilliant at times today. Fox made two outstanding challenges and also agree that was guedioras best game since coming back. Interesting that we went 442 too with Grabban surprisingly playing deeper in the last 10 to good effect. You have to temper it with Bournemouth being at 50% and a week behind but that was a strong back 3 they had.

Also heard that we have a team out at Ryhl today made up of our unwanted players and trialists including Jason shackle. Won 1-0 with Swann scoring. Bloke at the match saying that we have been running a shadow pre season to keep unwanted players fit and play games and have allowed out of contract players to use facilities to get fit. Cohen been doing coaching and a bit of game management with them for experience.

Hope they can get sorted for the season with new clubs as some talent there and most are professional. Ward and Mancienne for example I wish no ill for and hope that they get set up for next season elsewhere. They could do a job for a Wigan or Bolton I’m sure.

Agree with Will. Game played at slightly above friendly pace, but there were some class players. Two of these had turned up disguised as Fox and Geddy, and as Will says Geddy was MOM. Dawson is still quite quick and the three Portuguese players all looked lively. Most of the subs only got 20 minutes, but interesting that Soudani played as a central striker,alongside Grabban. No bad performances, though both goalies looked a bit rusty.

The subs all put in loads of effort, and it's clear that no one will walk into our team this season. Should be interesting to see who makes the first eleven next week!

Agree guedioura very good, as was Dawson, carvalho looks very useful and the pick of the three, thought goncalves and Dias also looked good in spells but need to become a little more ruthless, at times were through and needed too many touches. Could say the same of soudani when he came on. The only downside Murphy. Shame about marriott because judging from his goals last year he would be in heaven with the balls being played through. Murphy always looked marked, and never looked to make a run in the box. Made Bournemouth look ordinary and if a little more clinical could have been 4 or 5.

Very impressive! I am so impressed with the workrate and above all how robust the three Portuguese are. They were brilliant at times today. Fox made two outstanding challenges and also agree that was guedioras best game since coming back. Interesting that we went 442 too with Grabban surprisingly playing deeper in the last 10 to good effect. You have to temper it with Bournemouth being at 50% and a week behind but that was a strong back 3 they had.

Also heard that we have a team out at Ryhl today made up of our unwanted players and trialists including Jason shackle. Won 1-0 with Swann scoring. Bloke at the match saying that we have been running a shadow pre season to keep unwanted players fit and play games and have allowed out of contract players to use facilities to get fit. Cohen been doing coaching and a bit of game management with them for experience.

Hope they can get sorted for the season with new clubs as some talent there and most are professional. Ward and Mancienne for example I wish no ill for and hope that they get set up for next season elsewhere. They could do a job for a Wigan or Bolton I’m sure.

Is that Jason 'tiny penis' Shackell you're referring to? He's on trial with us?

No it was explained to me that we have been running a shadow squad with unwanted players and filling gaps with U23 and other uncontracted pros looking for clubs.

Too soon to get carried away and not convinced by the defending at set pieces, but many reasons to be cheerful.

Guedioura and Darikwa stood out but the whole team played well (though Murphy looks slow and past it). A winning combination of skill and workrate, two good goals, a clean sheet and a crowd of 14,000.

The second goal was a bit special - perfect long diag from Fox to Dias, fouled as he went past the fullback but got up and carried on into the box before curling it in off the far post.

I wasn't expecting too much today but I left having been hugely impressed. Maybe my low expectation helped to manage my emotions! Bournemouth may have fielded a weakened side but we were by far the better side, all over the pitch.

The back four looked excellent. Darikwa had a great game as did Dawson, who looked a class act. Fox continues to be a revelation at CH and Osborn was proficient at left back. Has Ossie bulked up in pre season?? This will be the back four next week IMO.

In midfield Geddy was sharp, quick and physical. He looks fitter than last season. Colback was dependable. The three Portugese lads were impressive, particularly Dias. You can see that Carvalho is quality - his running off the ball is impressive. His touch is superb.

Murphy still not good enough. Soudani, when he came on, was a physical presence and always looked to shoot at goal. He tried a couple of fancy things that didn't come off. Grabban showed nice touches and will be a handful. Lolley was impressive.

The whole team pressed very well, not giving them a moment on the ball. Passing was purposeful, with no passing across the back four. We broke well with pace and looked dangerous.

If this match is anything to go by, we are in for a good season (I'm still being guarded).