off on holiday | Page 3 | Vital Football

off on holiday

Congrats suffolk. Third times right for me also.

Sminks - thanks - we'll have to catch up with you next time - this one was a bit of a quick decision, usually organise it far in advance.

YB - good on yer mate - after all its our lives in the end and our choices.

DG - glad to hear to lessening the working hours - have been concerned for you for a while now as I can appreciate where your at - in the end you dont need to battle the expectations of clients as they all want the same, and life and our only commodity time gives us no chance to satisfy them all, especially the pushy and empty pockets type. It gets done when it gets done and you take time to smell the flowers and enjoy your life's journey on the way. I have one rule - 08:30 to 17:00 Mon to Fri work and totally committed to clients - outside that, my choice, and NOT a clients right to dictate even though I always work outside of the normal working week. Then I can trade times if I need to do stuff during the day and not feel guilty.

FFL - hope your on your way to full recovery

Rex - your inimitable smile and wit are great qualities that you possess and is very uplifting to others. Let them still shine and know that they are healing. Our thoughts are still with you and your 2 year old.

Well said Steve!!

Congratulations Suffolk on your forthcoming marriage. Hope wedding doesn't clash with an NCFC fixture!Often the trouble with weddings as I had to miss WBA away a couple of seasons ago due to a family fixture!

As a fully paid up member of the 'permanently on holiday brigade ' ,I am sat in my little garden right now amongst the flowers and shrubs , gently sipping and dribbling tea and enjoying the sun ! Best days of my life after 41 years of shitty shifts and I'm making the most of it ! Cant wait for the next cruise party !

i took early retirement 5/6 years ago
and i too am sitting in the garden enjoying a "cooler" day
and keeping an eye for the next transfer.

Was sitting yesterday having lunch with Mrs S in our back area in the winter sun with blue skies and a kebab - very pleasant and relaxing. Shame I was waiting for the mail to finish off a project which didnt come. Wish we could have hindsight first, would make the use of good days much more effective in the relaxing department.