off on holiday | Vital Football

off on holiday

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
I will be setting off to Luton Airport ( Lorraine Chase ) on Friday afternoon ready for early flight to South of France on Saturday morning
so not too much posting for 2 weeks.

I am setting off with the following ridiculous house buying disaster
to dwell on for a fortnight
* My buyers put an offer in for a house 2 doors away, 12 weeks
after their offer was accepted by us and pull out of our house deal
on Monday.
* Estate Agents allow 2 days to find a buyer but failed to send
anyone around.
* Our sellers informed who put house back on market and accept
an offer within 1 hour and reject us.
* I work out I have spend over £ 4 k to get to where we are and
none of the outlay is refundable.
* I work out I have spend over 100 hours on drawings , specs and
getting project at that house ready to commencing.
* Our arse hole buyers will move in 2 doors away in August !

Plenty of time for me to reflect on holiday !!!
:idiot:

An upsetting story . Highlights why they say moving house (or trying to ) is the most stressful experience in life .

When I returned to West Yorks after a failed attempt to live in Norfolk I got involved in a chain of 7 ( 4 in Norfolk and 3 up here ) . At one point it looked like it would all fall through , but luckily the last one in the chain here was a national house builder who put the pressure on to get the sales through . It was a nighmare time but I got a happy ending .. Unlike DG .

I often think you are destined to get a house or not and although small words of comfort to DG , the house he will buy and be happy in is yet to be known about !

On a lighter note , I am also off on holiday on the same day . We are off on a weeks cruise to the Norwegian Fjords . Can wait to get on that ship and get the party started . I will definitely be away from the forum for a week from Saturday as I wont be paying the rip off prices to connect to the web at sea ! Anyone who wants to text me any NC news is welcome to do so , but be aware of any extra costs in texting to Norway !

Have a great holiday DG. Moving house is unbelievably stressful. It so often brings out the worst in some people.

My current house was broken into and trashed on the day we exchanged contracts. My insurance broker had not transferred the insurance to the new property so it was not insured. :hell:

However, after that inauspicious start, we have been delighted with our home and did not regret buying it. :goal:

It will all work out for the best in the end.

A bit like Norwich. :grin:

Now setting off.
Contacted my mate who moved to france and is busy in his building work.
May consider staying there !

Thanks Steve. It is still a few weeks until I head off for Europe.

Hope you both have a great time YB and DG (obviously not together!!)

Now setting off for the good ship Lollipop ! Captain Haddock has assured me of calm seas and a great time ! Bye !

Good luck and have fun to everyone heading out on their vacations...

Just got back from a week of Boy Scout camp with my two boys and the rest of our troop. We left a day early because i had to put my whole family on a plane to northern Michigan where they'll be the next two weeks. I'm staying home having blown through a bunch of leave when I was dealing with my kidney stones, so it'll just be our two cats plus me in my boxers.

Hopefully our Hols to S.West France can still go ahead in a few weeks from now..just out of hospital after surgery to my inner ear to remove growth..hopefully all Ok now..stitches and packing out from side of head in 14 days...Fingers crossed that no infection gets in then should be zooming down the Froggie motorways for 600 miles.

Gironde for a week...Near Bordeaux...Few days into Spain then 2 weeks at our caravan in Charente`Maritime.

Will miss Watford & Blackburn at home.